Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Touchy wake on 2014 lsv

My 2014 lsv has factory ballast with the ibs installed and it seems when I'm loaded up full with ballast it gets really sensitive side to side for the wake washing out... Had four people in the boat tonight had to keep moving people around and playing with wake plate to get it right. Am I the only one noticing these wakes being sensitive???

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv
    Last edited by kaneboats; 07-23-2015 at 08:43 AM.

do you have the flow system on your boat?

yes, any boat listed for surfing will be effected by the shifting of weight, be it people or other forms of ballast. Every boat, regardless of mfg, will require some tweaking every time out based on crew, conditions and even fuel. A gallon of fuel weighs in at around 6lbs (I think). So, fill up my SG at 72 gal and you have an extra 432 lbs versus when we're running on fumes.

Instead of moving people around I just adjust the ballast.
    2015 Supra SE 550

My 2010 lsv has the manual flow on it and to get a decent wave I still have to list it a bit. I have 750's in the back. Only surf regular so have my surf side full and offside only 1/2-2/3 depending on crew. I don't have an ibs but I run a 400 on my surf side front seat and then 400 in the floor looker. I was told to have the swim platform level as possible from front to back. I found if I filled the rear all the way it was swamping the flow. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    A gallon of fuel weighs in at around 6lbs (I think). So, fill up my SG at 72 gal and you have an extra 432 lbs versus when we're running on fumes.
    I think I just figured out why I haven't nailed my 360. Gotta go first before we burn up that extra 90 lbs. of gas or so. That could be the difference with my LSV.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrichard1987 View Post
    My 2014 lsv has factory ballast with the ibs installed and it seems when I'm loaded up full with ballast it gets really sensitive side to side for the wake washing out... Had four people in the boat tonight had to keep moving people around and playing with wake plate to get it right. Am I the only one noticing these wakes being sensitive???

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv
    If your wake boarding, the LSV and Mojo <had them both> Are very sensitive side to side at 20+ mph. Even the rider loading up in the flats will pull the boat enough to wash out the landing side until they get in the air and release that side ways tension on the tower.

Weighting the boat down more does help but I have always noticed its sensitive.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

For my older LSV, I have this issue if using to much wakeplate (all the way down or close too)to stop the wake from curling over. I add more ballast up front and use less wakeplate keeps the side to side movements less..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Thanks for the posts. I don't have the flow and primarily wakeboard. I usually fill the ballast all full and drain accordingly to tweak for people in the boat. Get tired of being that guy telling everyone where to sit haha.

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv

Why do so many people automatically assume he is referring to surfing?? Yes, that running surface generation of the LSV is very weight sensitive side to side for wake boarding. Constant battle with my 08 LSV. The 15 and newer Mojos supposedly address this issue.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Noticed this weekend that my boat now floats about 2 inches lower on left side than right. Pretty well need my rear ballast on that side with half and other side full to level it out... Very weird nothing changed cargo wise that could have changed that. But I am noticing now im getting more water leaking in the boat which it was always dry before too...

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv