Default 2008 Moomba XLV Gravity3 Ballest Upgrade

This is my first post. I'm looking for any information on the Waker Makers gravity upgrade. I just purchased it and to my surprise opened the box with no instructions. Although it looks pretty straight forward I just not sure on pump placement (3 Pumps 1 front 2 rear). Has anyone took this project on and taken some pictures. I pretty confident I can get it done. Just some tips would be really appreciated. Also if you know of a thread that has what I'm looking for that would be awesome. I looked only found a few tips.

I have had the boat since new and the ballast system has been a pain in the butt since day one. Looking forward to having something that works good.

Note I already have the floor out of the boat and I'm ready to start install ASAP

Thanks

Scott

Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of knowlege here! As for the upgrade you will absolutely love it, i just did mine this year with the whole kit from Wakemakers. If you have any questions about anything they will walk you through it step by step, they are awesome to work with. Here is a link to a thread that has a lot of info on the upgrade; https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....allast+upgrade I put all 3 of my pumps in the engine compartment. One on the wall just behind the back seat (right about the transmission), the other two i put one on each side of the engine on the black seperating wall just to the left and right of the transmission (not the panel that folds down but the small piece just in front of it) I don't know if that makes sense.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Thanks, I have seen a few different mounting spots. I'm going to lay out everything today and see how it goes. I will also post some pics What is the biggest bag I can run and also any recommendation on props.

I was just going to call wake maker today and see what they say about bag sizing.

Thanks
    Scott

I don't think there is a limit to the size bag you can fill with the reversible pumps. 1100 lbs is the biggest bags you can fit in the rear lockers and lots of people use those. I have 750s and they take up most of the space in my lockers. As far as props go upgrading the prop makes a big difference. I went with a 1446 I think (not sure now) but wakemakers can point you in the right direction.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by SOK82 View Post
    Thanks, I have seen a few different mounting spots. I'm going to lay out everything today and see how it goes. I will also post some pics What is the biggest bag I can run and also any recommendation on props.

I was just going to call wake maker today and see what they say about bag sizing.

Thanks
    Scott
    I just knocked this out on my boat a couple months ago. Here is the thread I started covering my install https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....e-Pump-Upgrade
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Project 80% complete. Started installing some LED lights figured stupid not to when I have the boat apart :roll eyes:

One thing thou when I was pulling the old drain pumps found a fine thread bolt and two nuts. After some investigation I found the shaft connected to my drive had only 2 of 4 bolts in and the 2 in it were loose. I guess the 1000.00 ballast upgrade might of saved me some loot if that blew apart. Any one else had issues with these bolts coming loose?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SOK82 View Post
    Project 80% complete. Started installing some LED lights figured stupid not to when I have the boat apart :roll eyes:

One thing thou when I was pulling the old drain pumps found a fine thread bolt and two nuts. After some investigation I found the shaft connected to my drive had only 2 of 4 bolts in and the 2 in it were loose. I guess the 1000.00 ballast upgrade might of saved me some loot if that blew apart. Any one else had issues with these bolts coming loose?
    Yes, these bolts coming loose are fairly common and its something that needs to be checked at least once a year. I would put all new hardware in if I were you.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

1100 will be slightly too big for the compartment but will max the rear locker.

I have two 900 in the rears, plus 150 under corner port seat., 1180 in the middle and 2 260 bags in the bow, plus 120 of lead under the port ballast.

I run the 1235 prop and it's a beast .if you surf the ghetto gate is a must, 40 bucks plus labor
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    1100 will be slightly too big for the compartment but will max the rear locker.

I have two 900 in the rears, plus 150 under corner port seat., 1180 in the middle and 2 260 bags in the bow, plus 120 of lead under the port ballast.

I run the 1235 prop and it's a beast .if you surf the ghetto gate is a must, 40 bucks plus labor
    Where might I purchase a ghetto gate? Or is this a home diy. Seen some pretty ghetto looking ones on the internet I think I could fab something that looks allot nicer.

Thanks for all the input.

I'm pumped I talked to wake makers and they said the 900# bags in the rear locker is a good size and I ordered a acme 1617 prop.

To bad

its a DIY... checkout this thread.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....t=ghetto+gates
    mine is smaller since I have the standard platform and I will paint it black this summer to match and blend in..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold