Thread: wakesurfing

Default wakesurfing

wanting to give wakesurfing a try and I have seen info on boat speeds, ballast,etc. but I am going to be buying board and would like any info on what board length I need as a beginer and any other info you might could someone totaly new to this.
    Thanks, Dwayne

Default Replying to Topic 'wakesurfing'

Thanks for the reply inland surfer is sending video. That board which according to their charts looks to be the best for me is around $450 on their site do you know of a place to get a better deal and is their really a $150 to $175 difference between this one and other brands comparable board?

Just my 2 cents but I have the trick boardz velocity which is more the skim type board and I love it. They have several different style boards, all of which are the skim board style and too me, it was extremely easy to learn. They are cheaper (or were, when I bought mine) than the traditional style board. These type boards have to have a clean wake to ride though and absolutely won't ride in a foamy wake.

Trickboardz.com is the site, I think and are based in the Austin TX, area.

Medic
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

I have a Hyperlite LandLock 6'-1" and an HO Kona 5'-6". The larger board is thicker and more bouyant than the smaller thinner Kona. The large board is great for beginners because it is forgiving and easy to ride. The Kona is more nimble and requires a little more skill. Both of these boards can be found for less than $300.

Hope this helps,
    Jman

Thanks for the help got a blue lake board and tried it over the weekend was able to free ride for a short while but having a hard time not slipping back out of the wake but still learning.