Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Dock Plans

Not sure which lake you are looking at but if you need a good dock guy I stand behind Kelly at Casey Custom Docks on Allatoona. I bought my dock used from him last year and he's done a lot of work for me over the last two years including shoreline steps, bracing the gangway with the beating I take, and I'm on the list for pole anchors. I had to replace a 4x6 float a couple months ago and he charged 225 if I'm not mistaken for comparison sake for just the float.

Not sure if this is even what you are looking for but he's got used docks on his website too. http://www.caseycustomdocks.com/boatdocks/used.php. The owners will usually negotiate the price down [it would be scrapped and then get nothing for it] then it would be a matter of breaking it down and towing it to your lake. I had a 12x16 steel platform with 20' steel gangway that I sold on craigslist last summer and they took it apart and loaded it onto a car trailer at a local ramp.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Thanks for the tips(and website). We're looking on West Point, we were talking with the neighbors to the property and they bought a used dock that was on Lanier and moved it themselves. I was really impressed as the dock was about 20X40 with a roof. Would like to go that route if possible but don't know about the logistics involved in moving a dock that size.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Used will likely be the way to go. I only say that cause once you get into it you'll realize how ridiculous some of the prices are. A 40' aluminum gangway new is about 6500, I was told steel wasn't much better. Dock wheels can be up to a thousand. If you are chasing water like I am then wheels are a necessity. It may even make sense to just cannibalize a used dock for what you can get out of it; the pressure treated decking can easily be replaced. If that's the route you go, definitely offer a couple thousand less. People who are selling their docks are getting a new one regardless, so anything they can get for the old one is a win for them. I'll certainly help in any way I can.

Jeff
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Quote Originally Posted by jelmhorst View Post
    Not sure which lake you are looking at but if you need a good dock guy I stand behind Kelly at Casey Custom Docks on Allatoona. I bought my dock used from him last year and he's done a lot of work for me over the last two years including shoreline steps, bracing the gangway with the beating I take, and I'm on the list for pole anchors. I had to replace a 4x6 float a couple months ago and he charged 225 if I'm not mistaken for comparison sake for just the float.

Not sure if this is even what you are looking for but he's got used docks on his website too. http://www.caseycustomdocks.com/boatdocks/used.php. The owners will usually negotiate the price down [it would be scrapped and then get nothing for it] then it would be a matter of breaking it down and towing it to your lake. I had a 12x16 steel platform with 20' steel gangway that I sold on craigslist last summer and they took it apart and loaded it onto a car trailer at a local ramp.
    I was just cruising the thread, this guys prices for a full and covered dock seem very reasonable. Really like the 1 with the deck on top!
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection