Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks. The ground was connected to the battery.

I hate to see an amplifier replaced without knowing exactly what is wrong. Sometimes it is a $10 transistor and a flat rate of $125 total to fix. Other times it's not worth repairing.
    The Kicker KX800.5 might be a good place to start.
    Check in with MLA, a member here, as he is THE Kicker guy.
    And take a peek inside the bad amplifier. If there is evidence of water damage (build up of white residue), you need to resolve this before installing the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrix39350 View Post
    I removed the amp and took it to a local audio store. He took it in the back and returned to say that the amp is "shot". He sold me a new Polk D5000.5 which was the only marine grade amp he had in stock.

I do not like the Polk amp. I don't like the connectors or how cumbersome they are to try to mount.

I was looking on line to fine a Kicker replacement amp, but I don't see the ZX700.5 product.

What Kicker amp would I use to replace my ZX700.5?
    The Kicker KXM800.5 is the marine 5 chnl and is very close across the board power wise, to the zx700.5. Its class-d so way more efficient with a much smaller footprint. The KXM800.5 comes with its own mounting hardware and allen tool for the terminal setscrews.

i agree with David. Any extra steps to try and pinpoint a root failure will go a long way with the replacement amp.

Thanks for the advice. Can I send to Kicker for a check up? or do I need to find a local repair shop?

Thanks for the advice. Can I send to Kicker for a check up? or do I need to find a local repair shop?
    If you suspect that there is a chance of water damage then I would take a look inside the amplifier myself. This would save you the cost of shipping and a diagnostic fee on something so obvious to detect.
    You can contact Kicker about the check-up or for a list of authorized repair facilities.

I removed the amp and took it to a local audio store. He took it in the back and returned to say that the amp is "shot". He sold me a new Polk D5000.5 which was the only marine grade amp he had in stock.

I do not like the Polk amp. I don't like the connectors or how cumbersome they are to try to mount.

I was looking on line to fine a Kicker replacement amp, but I don't see the ZX700.5 product.

What Kicker amp would I use to replace my ZX700.5?
    KXM800.5

Phil
    Kicker

You absolutely can get your ZX700.5 repaired, either under warranty if it is new enough, (not likely as it is ZX-series) or outside of warranty they can usually be repaired for typically a pretty small fee. Call 800.256.0808 and ask for customer service. Tell the guys you want an RMA number for repair. They will get your name, address, phone, etc and then give you a number to use. Pack the amp up and write that number on the box clearly: RMA-XXXXXXX (whatever RMA number they give). Ship it to us:

Kicker
    3100 N. Husband St.
    Stillwater, OK 74075

When it gets here, a warranty tech will open it up , asses the issues, and then call you with a repair quote/estimate. You then authorize or decline based on that. It really is that simple. After repair they will ship it back to you and you can put it right back in exactly as before.

Make sense?

Phil
    Kicker

Thanks! I shipped it off yesterday.

The amp was repaired by Kicker for $77, and everything is working great. I believe they replaced a board and cleaned some switches (not 100% sure about that though).

Thanks again for all the suggestions!