Default Prop cavitation- 2015 Mondo

Hi guys! Was down at Norris a couple of weeks ago and put some decent hours on the boat. The one thing I noticed was quit a bit of cavitation from the stock OJ prop when weighted or pulling a tube (not the most enjoyable thing for me, but the kids love it). My Supra 21v cavitated from time to time, but not as much as this boat.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and possible prop change to fix it. It is the 14.25 x 14.5 OJ, i am thinking about the 2079 Acme, as the stocker is a dog with any decent weight, but wanted some feedback first. The 2079 is 14.5 x 12 for more low end.

thanks
    2015 Mondo
    2008 21V sold
    2007 outback sold
    2013 Ram Megacab Cummins-Tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by mark540 View Post
    Hi guys! Was down at Norris a couple of weeks ago and put some decent hours on the boat. The one thing I noticed was quit a bit of cavitation from the stock OJ prop when weighted or pulling a tube (not the most enjoyable thing for me, but the kids love it). My Supra 21v cavitated from time to time, but not as much as this boat.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and possible prop change to fix it. It is the 14.25 x 14.5 OJ, i am thinking about the 2079 Acme, as the stocker is a dog with any decent weight, but wanted some feedback first. The 2079 is 14.5 x 12 for more low end.

thanks
    I upgraded to that prop on my Mojo, I get a little cavitation from time to time when surfing with 3500lbs and 10 people but not to often. Sometimes I think it might be water conditions. You will gain a lot of low end power but like you mentioned top end suffers.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]