Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: autoflow

Feel free to direct any specific Auto Flow questions my way. [email protected]

Jon Allen
    Midwest Sales Manager
    Skier's Choice

To answer the original question, the settings are a % of how far down the plates go. When changing the port settings, the stbd plate is actually moving and vice versa for stbd settings. 100% would be all the way down. 0% would be all the way up. There is no magical setting number that works for every model or boat. Typically most people are running settings between 50 and 100. It is best to set up the settings based on how much ballast you are running, where you are running the ballast, and how you like the wake shape. Typically, the further down the % setting, the longer the wave. Typically the further up the % setting, the taller the wave will be and it will have more push. Several people have responded with how they run the ballast and settings in their boat, but I recommend experimenting with the settings to see what works best for you. As always, the ballast displacement typically makes a bigger change in wave shape and size than the plate settings so make sure you experiment with ballast positioning also. The front to back % of weight makes a huge difference in how much push you have or how long the wave is. Good luck and hope that helps.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Can the autoflow be added to a 2015 LSV. I currently have the manual flow.
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

Theoretically yes. I say that because we didn't actually test the AutoFlow 2.0 plates on the LSV since we are not making the LSV for 2016. But we do offer the AutoFlow plates on the LSV and theoretically, you could change from AutoFlow to AutoFlow 2.0 plates by changing the plates and using the new larger upper mounts that are used on the 2.0 system. Removing and patching the holes from the manual flow system will be the hardest part. That might be a little difficult, but it is doable.
    Matt Brown

Default autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Theoretically yes. I say that because we didn't actually test the AutoFlow 2.0 plates on the LSV since we are not making the LSV for 2016. But we do offer the AutoFlow plates on the LSV and theoretically, you could change from AutoFlow to AutoFlow 2.0 plates by changing the plates and using the new larger upper mounts that are used on the 2.0 system. Removing and patching the holes from the manual flow system will be the hardest part. That might be a little difficult, but it is doable.
    How much is it to upgrade from auto flow to the new auto flow 2.0 plates? Is it an easy swap out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I was wondering the same thing. It looked like just the plates where different which should be an easy swap but according to those comments it sounds like teh top mount may also be a little different. I am wondering what would happen if you just went with the new style plates and left the mounting arm the same?
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

You will have to contact your local dealer about upgrading. We don't sell parts like that directly from the factory. With the AutoFlow 2.0 plates, if you don't change the upper arm, you can bend the smaller AutoFlow 1 upper arm. We did quite a bit of testing and that is why we went with the larger upper mount on the 2.0 system.
    Matt Brown

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

Matt, just for clarification ... If I surf port and I need more push ... I should run the plate closer to 50% and if I want more length I should run closer to 100% on the starboard tab?
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Thats correct Josh. In the other thread I think Jon did a great job of explaining how it all works. Hopefully he has got you pointed in the right direction. Jon and I work together and we both have quite a bit of time in the new Craz, and I think once you get it all dialed in, you are going to love the Craz and the AutoFlow 2.0 system. One thing Jon and I continue to stress is that to understand the AutoFlow system, you have to understand how all the variables work together. As with any surf system, one variable alone can not overcome having the other variables incorrect. Specifically, I am sure you have heard this, but there is no replacement for displacement. The ballast system and passengers in the boat make the largest impact in surfing. The wave is nothing more than the water that is displaced by the running surface and the weight of the boat and ballast system. The AutoFlow plates do NOT add weight and hence do very little to add to displacement. Think of the plates as more of a tool that helps displace water in a direction in order to better shape the wave. However, if you don't have ballast, or don't have it in the correct location, then the plate really can't do it's job properly. I say that because your comment is about adding push. Moving the plates will help, but size and push first come with ballast, then finetuned with plate. Hope that makes sense. Again, I think Jon's comments in the other thread are perfect. If you follow that direction, it should get you where you want to be.
    Matt Brown

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    You will have to contact your local dealer about upgrading. We don't sell parts like that directly from the factory. With the AutoFlow 2.0 plates, if you don't change the upper arm, you can bend the smaller AutoFlow 1 upper arm. We did quite a bit of testing and that is why we went with the larger upper mount on the 2.0 system.
    So is the mounting pattern for the new upper arm the same? Just curious if it would require repairing fiberglass and drilling new holes or if it would just be as simple as getting the new upper arms and plates and bolting it all on.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow