Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2005 moomba mobius

The wife and I are looking at upgrading from our 1998 mobius to a 2005 mobius. We are going to test drive it tomorrow and I I wanted to come to the community to ask for help on what things to look for during the test drive.

FYI love the community and all the help that you give too everyone.
    2005 Moomba XLV
    5.7L Indmar Fuel Injected
    2 Wetsound Rev 10's, JL Audio speakers and 2 JL Audio M6450 amps, and Wetsound AS-10
    2k Fly High Fat Sac
    1 Homemade SucGate!

Which engine is in it and is it a v drive or direct drive?

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    1987 Kawasaki JS-550 (What was I thinking?!)
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)
    2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX (shhh... it's got a vortech )
    2001 Toyota Tundra (Long Travel Tow Vehicle )
    Checkout my LED project here!

It's v-drive and I'm not sure which engine it has. We're going to be test driving it today and I can look at the engine.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.
    2005 Moomba XLV
    2 Wetsound Rev 10's, JL Audio speakers and 2 JL Audio M6450 amps, and Wetsound AS-10
    2k Fly High Fat Sac
    1 Homemade SucGate!

Check and see if it is carbed or fuel injected, being that you had a carb motor its probably not a big deal either way though. Based on some other threads about the later modle v drive hulls, check for water trapped under the storage locker in the middle of the hull.

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    1987 Kawasaki JS-550 (What was I thinking?!)
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)
    2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX (shhh... it's got a vortech )
    2001 Toyota Tundra (Long Travel Tow Vehicle )
    Checkout my LED project here!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Check and see if it is carbed or fuel injected, being that you had a carb motor its probably not a big deal either way though. Based on some other threads about the later modle v drive hulls, check for water trapped under the storage locker in the middle of the hull.
    I wouldn't worry about the trapped water issue. It probably has it, it's easily remedied, and in my opinion, doesn't have any real impact on the boat's value. I think with a quick test drive, you'll know if everything is OK as far as the motor/prop/steering goes. Look it over while running for any leaks and such. Then I would play with all of the accessories, bilge pump, etc. It seems to me that any neglected accessories are an easy-to-spot indication of how the owner maintains the boat.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but you really owe it to yourself to consider an '06-newer LSV; there is a significant difference between the '05 and the '06. I'd at least look at one to see/feel the difference.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    I'm not sure what your budget is, but you really owe it to yourself to consider an '06-newer LSV; there is a significant difference between the '05 and the '06. I'd at least look at one to see/feel the difference.
    I didn't want to say this but agree that the 2006 and up hull is far superior. The '05 is the one that became the OBV till it was updated in 2009. It feels small and not very deep. Still a great boat but not nearly the boat the other one is.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We have both an 04 and 06, if you can swing it go for a +06, just a way better boat..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I did get to test drive it today. It's a mobius xlv and everything was tight as far as the steering & throttle control. Boat has wetsounds sub & Rev 8 I think, and all interior speakers are JL audio. We're getting it for $24k. Asking price was $29. IDK guys I feel that this boat will last us for a while and my kids are really getting into water sports. ☺

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.
    2005 Moomba XLV
    2k Fly High Fat Sac
    1 Homemade SucGate!

jmvotto has the XLV. Maybe you could pm him any specific questions. He seems like a really cool dude. I just moved to his town and he invited me out on his. I havent ridden with him yet or I would give you my thoughts on that boat.

Default 2005 moomba mobius

Buy it asap.. That's a great price..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead