Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destin, Florida

The Blues practice on Tues and Wed mornings. Wed mornings they do pictures and autographs. They have 3 different "shows" based on weather conditions. They practice them on different days if weather has not dictated it. So, the show should change. The museum is probably one of the best in the U.S. If you are at the base, plan at least a few hours to view it. The airshow is 40 minutes.
    If you are here during an afternoon, and the schedule is light, I may be able to get you into a T-6A Texan flight simulator. I teach flight students. Problem is, it's a daily schedule, so I wouldn't know until the day before.

If you want to ski, Pickos ski school is just down from Destin.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default Destin, Florida

So we watched the Angels practice today. That was awesome! We didn't get into the area where the grandstands were because Heidi left her ID in the truck and they had 100% ID Check signs out. We just watched from the museum. By the looks of the crowd the 1,000 seat grand stand was easily at capacity. It was packed! The line to get into the museum after the show was about 100 yards long and I think Heidi had lost interest by then any way. It was still way cool, at one point one of them came across the left to right hauling ass and at the same time one sneaked around behind us and came over our head very low at what had to be an insane speed. He then turned up and went dang near vertical if not vertical and just disappeared into the sky like a rocket.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Destin, Florida

Get over to The Red Bar now!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    at one point one of them came across the left to right hauling ass and at the same time one sneaked around behind us and came over our head very low at what had to be an insane speed. Sent from my iPhone
    They try to achieve .99 Mach on that pass. If you know it's coming, on a humid day like today, the canopy will appear totally white with vapor as it has gone through critical mach.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    They try to achieve .99 Mach on that pass. If you know it's coming, on a humid day like today, the canopy will appear totally white with vapor as it has gone through critical mach.
    After it passed us over head you could see the white vapor trying to form around the plane, it was super awesome. Some of the turns they did behind made some awesome racket with the rear of the plane facing you. I loved the banner they had hanging that read "THE SOUND OF FREEDOM" Those guys are nuts and those planes are awesome, i wanna go again!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Destin, Florida

Picked up some of that Ed G drink while we were in FL to bring back west

Sent from my iPhone
    David

As a former Navy guy, I've seen the Blue Angels many times. It never gets old. I could watch them 100 more times and enjoy it as much as the first time.
    1991 Cobia Monte Carlo 188E (Sold)
    2014 Moomba Mojo (Sold)
    Next ??