Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selling Cars

To protect yourself, never turn over a vehicle even if the buyer has paid you and Nissan in full until the vehicle title and registration has been administered and transferred to purchaser. If the vehicle is in an accident you are still the legal owner, and open yourself up to liability.

Default Selling Cars

Well I just paid the car off today so I could get the title to make this easier. So far I have not had any serious prospects contact me about it. Title should be here by next weekend I hope, problem is I go to work next Monday night! Blah. I guess it will sit in the garage for 3 weeks.

Drew, I got a Carmax quote but i am really hoping that with a little time and effort I can get 2-3k more than they offered me.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I sold my last few cars on ebay the last one I shipped to Florida. Use the make offer option instead of the regular auction. The fees can be high but you'll sell faster. Plus the buyer gets some protection and financing is available..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylsv View Post
    To protect yourself, never turn over a vehicle even if the buyer has paid you and Nissan in full until the vehicle title and registration has been administered and transferred to purchaser. If the vehicle is in an accident you are still the legal owner, and open yourself up to liability.
    a signed bill of sale will limit your liability in this case. notarized is that much cleaner. you will still be the "titled" owner but bill of sale will transfer ownership to the next party.

too many internet and off-dealer transactions going on anymore that this is commonplace and when selling newer cars, folks having the title is not the rule but the exception in most cases.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It varies by state. In some the title is conclusive. In others it is merely evidence that would be trumped by a valid bill of sale.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Selling Cars

Well I sent the payoff in yesterday so hopefully by the end of next week I will have the title. Have not really had that many serious inquiries about the car. I may post is to Austin and San Antonio Craig's list as well

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

just finished car shopping and entertained the 350/370 but guessing yours would have been out of my price range or I'd have hit ya up... well, at that price, probably would have been back in another evo. do miss awd and gobs of hp....

good looking car... it'll sell.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Selling Cars

Well it's priced below all the other comps I have seen in the Houston area

Sent from my iPhone
    David