Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Owners In NC...

Has anyone on here been stopped for a random safety check (AKA I just want to be nosey and check stuff out) this season? I heard from a friend that NC wildlife and sheriffs will no longer do these. I havent been stopped this year (very rare, Ive been stopped every year for as long as I can remember, sometimes multiple times in the same weekend).

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this or been stopped? I dont even have registration stickers on my boat (working on the gel coat, it's taking longer than I expected), and I still havent been stopped.
    2003 Mobius LSV GG Edition - Sold!

Our place is on fairly small lake in MI and the sheriff is on the lake most Saturdays and Sundays throughout the summer checking registration decals as well as life jackets for all passengers. Not recently, but have had a few of them with badges and guns that shouldn't have that wanted to check on absolutely every requirement (i.e. throwable flotation, fire ext, etc).
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I have not been stopped yet. Have seen them at party cove on lake Jordan and ramps. Mainly looks like sobriety checks. Stay safe!
    James
    2014 Mondo
    93 Four Winns 180 Freedom Sold

Only been out a few times this year, but have seen both NC wildlife and Wake County sheriff on Falls. I have not been stopped this year, but I have only been stopped a couple of times on Falls in the past 5-6 years and have never been stopped on Gaston.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

I've been stopped on Falls for a safety check almost every year for the past 10 years. I haven't yet this year and was out surfing Sunday with my friend and son. A "green legs" was slowly shadowing us down the lake for about 10 minutes and I figured as soon as we stopped he would hit the blues. Nope, he just waved and idled on past us. In fact I have only seen one boater being harassed this year even though wildlife or wake county sheriffs have been out there 3/4 of the weekends. Usually they go from one boat to the next seemingly all day long. I would say their might be some truth to that mjr, maybe they received enough complaints to finally back off?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

What lake do you frequent mjr?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I live on High Rock Lake. I see sheriff's and wildlife officers out every weekend. Sometimes multiples. So yes it's definitely rare to not get stopped at least once a season.

The only time I've seen someone pulled over this year was after a jet skier plowed thru a no wake zone right in front of a sheriff. He got pulled over with a quickness!

We hit belews over the memorial day weekend and still had the OK numbers on the boat from when we bought it in January…went right by wildlife just threw our hands up and waved...no issues
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mjr119 View Post
    I live on High Rock Lake. I see sheriff's and wildlife officers out every weekend. Sometimes multiples. So yes it's definitely rare to not get stopped at least once a season.

The only time I've seen someone pulled over this year was after a jet skier plowed thru a no wake zone right in front of a sheriff. He got pulled over with a quickness!
    We have a friend that has a place on HR over off of Summerville Church rd...we try to frequent there as much as possible, water is always smooth b/c most boats can't get to that side of the lake and have to stay in the big water
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV

Oh wow that's less than 5 minutes from my house, I'm assuming you drop in at Pebble Beach access area?

That section of the lake is great for watersports, I know some people used to have a slalom course set up near the railroad trestle, not sure if it's still there or not. I havent been able to get under the trestle with my boat, it's the lowest bridge on the lake. Sometimes I ride jetskis in that area, maybe I'll see you around!