Thread: Engine Ground

Default Engine Ground

So I just inspected my ground at the engine. It's pretty get to actually. It's a 2 sided stud with a nut in the center. Between the engine and the nut there was 3 washers stacked and a lock washer. Then the negative terminal was attached with a shiney nut with spikes around the base.

What would you do? I feel like a bolt with a washer and maybe a lock washer would be better
    2003 Mobius LSV GG Edition - Sold!

Pretty ghetto that is.

Maybe just trying to get it out where you can see it and reach it. Or maybe the cable was a little short or stiff. Nothing very wrong as long as it will conduct.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Even with the stacked washers? They have some black paint on them too. I'll at least clean everything up before I put it back.

Quote Originally Posted by mjr119 View Post
    Even with the stacked washers? They have some black paint on them too. I'll at least clean everything up before I put it back.
    THIS- My stereo was cutting out when turned up, and i noticed that when i hit my trim tab that the PP would shut off for a second and come back. Took this ground off the engine, scraped the paint off and all is well again. Pretty terrible that they wouldnt have a clean ground from the factory...
    2002 mobius LSV
    Lake Minnetonka, MN