Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Replying to Topic 'Stock Stereo Setup'

Well I'd say that covers it lol. Thanks, I'll stick with stock and upgrade later.
    Authorized Dealer for CDT Audio, Sundown Audio, and Stereo Integrity. Proudly offering high-end mobile audio speakers, amps, and subs. Contact me at [email protected] for my information, or IM me at ExigeAudio. High-end components with a low-end price.

Sorry for kicking up this topic.

What is the type of the kenwood stereo that is installed for the $550,-
    And is it possible to add an cd changer later and what is the type of this changer?

The '06 model is the KDC-225MR. They may have changed that this year. It is a Marine grade stereo (more seals), is sirrus satelite ready, and has cd-changer control for any kenwood changer you want, or any that can emulate kenwood.

And as stated above in this thread - the head unit is not the only cost. The entire package is (speakers, cables, remote control, labor) Without it - you get nothing, no holes cut, no wires run, etc. But previously - the stereo was $395, and the tower speakers were $550. Not sure what $550 you are asking about.

-Joe

Hey Joe,

I noticed that the link you posted to the iPod to RCA cable is now dead. I looked at other options on MCE Tech and found (I guess) the new version of the cable, but it says that it's only compatible with iPod w/ color and iPod w/ video. Do you know if any old aux to RCA cable will work with the iPod (I'm betting not because that's the way Apple seems to control these things)? Or, will this new cable actually work with my iPod Nano?

Also found THIS little jewel, but it cost 100$. May add a few features like song title display on the head unit, but I'm not sure it warants the extra dough especially since it would be specifically for the kenwood unit. I was thinking I could use the aux to RCA for connecting to other units (ie. home stereo).

THANKS.

I fixed the link on the previous page, and this is what you are looking for (so you can search if the link goes away)

Logiix LGX-78911

-Joe

just a warning, that $100 kenwood cord has awful reviews on crutchfield. its slow and makes it very hard to control your ipod.

to my question though....im getting ready to add on a a sub to the system, but i noticed the stock HU only has one set of preamp outputs. i already have the amp for the tower speakers. should i splice wires to hook up the sub amp, or grab a new kenwood HU (probably a 5032) so that I have 3 sets of preamp outputs, not to mention much better features.

i'm probably looking at a Profile AP1000 amp, which puts out 480 watts RMS. It's getting matched up to Polk/MOMO 2124 sub, so I'll be turning the gain down so it's putting out somewhere close to 400 RMS.
    Authorized Dealer for CDT Audio, Sundown Audio, and Stereo Integrity. Proudly offering high-end mobile audio speakers, amps, and subs. Contact me at [email protected] for my information, or IM me at ExigeAudio. High-end components with a low-end price.

If you are ONLY adding a sub, then get a crossover. It will have 1 set of RCA's in and 2 sets out - one for the sub sending only the low freqencies, and 1 for the full range above that. Some sub amps have this as a pass-thru as well... check yours first.

Don't "splice" anything.

-Joe

Originally posted by JoeTechie

The '06 model is the KDC-225MR. They may have changed that this year. It is a Marine grade stereo (more seals), is sirrus satelite ready, and has cd-changer control for any kenwood changer you want, or any that can emulate kenwood.

And as stated above in this thread - the head unit is not the only cost. The entire package is (speakers, cables, remote control, labor) Without it - you get nothing, no holes cut, no wires run, etc. But previously - the stereo was $395, and the tower speakers were $550. Not sure what $550 you are asking about.

-Joe
    I saw that this KDC-225MR is out of stock. Is it still in the 2007 models? And what is the replacement radio of this KDC-225MR?

And what is the type and brand of the transom remote?

i would guess the kdc-232mr? i think that's what i saw the other day.....