My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Default Anyone Have Problems Completley Filling their Gas Tank?

I don't know if it's just an issue with my '14 LSV or maybe the specific pump handles up in Wisconsin, but it's enormously difficult to completley fill my gas tank. I never have a problem until the tank fills to 3/4, but the last 1/4 tank requires me to continually feel like I'm "topping off". Last year, I swore that the fuel gauge was faulty because when I thought I had filled the tank (as indicated by the handle shutting off) I asumed it was full yet the gauge only read 3/4. I ended up insisting that the dealer replace the fuel sender, which they did over the winter under warranty.

However, over Memorial Day when we dropped the boat in the water, the same thing happened by shutting off at 3/4. So I left the ignition on to see what the gauge was reading and I just kept restarting the pump handle when it clicked off until the gauge read full. It was a pain, but I was able to fully fill the tank with no fuel coming back out.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have experienced the same in any of the LSV/Mojo/Mondo lines. Any similar experiences or suggestions??

The same thing happened to me yesterday. The pump clicked off. So I put probably another $1.50 in thinking that should do it. Get to the lake and it's right around the 3/4 mark also. Kinda annoyed me. Know better for next time I guess
    2015 lsv purple metal flake

I first noticed yesterday too. Same thing, 3/4 tank and auto shut off. Funny though, because when I filled it on the water last weekend it got all the way full.
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

I have the best luck when holding the nozzle upside down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I have the same problem with my Mojo. I have put fuel in it only once this season and it shut off at 3/4. With the crappy in SW PA I doubt I'll have to put fuel in it until August.
    2015 Mojo 6.2 Indmar Raptor 400

Mine fills such that the gauge reads full. But I do typically put two of the paper towels from the window washing station wadded up a little and making a circle around the fume tube that "seals" up against the outside of my filler port.

I've had it happen often that when the pump clicks off gas gets shot up and drips down the side of my boat. So having the paper towels there absorbs enough of that burst that I don't get gas on my gelcoat and just throw away the gas-damped paper towels.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think it's because the EPA sucks and changed the laws for marine fuel tank vents. My '08 filled fine. My '13 spews fuel into the water at about 7/8 tank and has to be "nursed" the final 1/8. The vent being in the filler is (in my opinion) the problem.
    2013 Outback V

I can't get my '08 21V to fill, and if I leave the damn thing to fill by itself I ALWAYS get gas overflow and it pisses me off, so stupid that it doesn't work like a car or truck. I like Traysons idea and will have to try it. What I do now to prevent the overflow is turn my key on and watch it and listen. You can hear it about to be full and spew all over so I manage it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I typically don't try and top off my 07 OBV because I trailer the boat to the lake every time. However , last week I was putting gas in because I forgot how much was in the last time we were out. So i stopped for gas and while filling it clicked off so I stopped. Got on the water and my gauge read 3/4 as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2007 Moomba Outback V