Thread: Guage Question

Default Guage Question

The dealer replaced an amplifier this past week. Everything seems to be working fine. My question has to do with the oil pressure, temp, and fuel gauges. Are they supposed to zero or go all the way to the left when the ignition switch is turned off. Those three gauges indicate some level above zero when the ignition is turned off and the battery switch is in the off position. The temp remains at the temp when the engine was turned off, fuel indicates the level and the oil pressure will go almost to zero but still indicates above zero. The gauges seem to be working properly when the engine is running. After having this work done, I have paid much closer attention. I thought I remembered them going to zero when the ignition was turned off but I could be mistaken.
    1991 Cobia Monte Carlo 188E (Sold)
    2014 Moomba Mojo (Sold)
    Next ??

I honestly can't recall, when you shut down what they read. I know my fuel gauge and Voltage gauge do not read correctly when the boat is off.

I have only watched the Digi display power up when I turn the key on and off.

If they are reading correctly when it is running then I wouldn't worry about it.

When you turn the Key on though, Voltage and Fuel should read a real time amount.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mine are not zero when off. Without power, these gauges are really in an unknown state, so no worries.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold