Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Confederate Flag

Nobody is offended except the irritants. They want to control you.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Default Confederate Flag

I'm a southerner with both sides of my family residing here for many generations, including a documented great, great, etc grandfather that fought in the civil war out of the county just a few miles north of where I live. He was injured twice in battle and returned to battle both times and lived a long and prosperous life as a businessman. That's my heritage and I'm proud of it, but I also understand that southern African American heritage stems from slavery, abuse, voting suppression, segregation, and a real fight for civil rights, the latter only removed a couple generations. I can understand that they don't agree with a flag flying over their courthouse, as equal American citizens, that represents a painful part of their heritage no matter how misconstrued it is. People should always have the right to fly whatever flag they want no matter who it offends, but the government should be held to a higher standard when it comes to the people they represent. Just my .02
    Last edited by z28ke; 07-04-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

You can't ban history. It's like burning books. Just plain stupid. However, there have been a lot of US flags since the original 13 stars. We don't fly any of the previous flags at government facilities because the one with one with 50 stars is the current flag - the rest are HISTORY. You can't deny it but you can't live in the past. When Puerto Rico becomes the 51st state - the flag will change again and the flag with 50 stars will be history. The point is that the flag should not be banned because it is what it is - but we don't need to fly it at government buildings - it's history.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off