Default 2014 Mojo Surf Wake

Let me start be saying I'm completely new to wake surfing, I mean completely new.

So anyway, when I picked up my boat, I told the sales person that I need to throw up a surf wake for my wife to be happy. She took me on the water set the following:
    Port side bag - 25% full
    center bag - 50% full
    starboard bag - 100% full
    port surf flow, second position.

She told me that the Mojo, should be weighted so that the platform is still in the water, i.e., no listing.
    Wave looked great to me but what do I know.

--------------------

That was last week, so yesterday we were out with some friends that surf a ton behind their 2004 Malibu Wakesetter. First thing, they genuinely loved the Mojo, couldn't stop raving about it. So we get down to surfing, and they suggest we just fill the starboard bag and have everyone sit over in that corner. We did that and with the boat listing, it through up a great wake (what do I know). But they said it was a great wake and they were surfing on it without a rope for ever.

So my question is, for my stock Mojo,

Is this the best wake I can get? I want to experiment with filling other bags and trying to get rid of the list.

Is filling up one side and listing the "old" way of throwing up a surf wake?

I know someone will say, if it works don't fix it, as my wife did when we discussed it on the way home from the lake, but I'm thinking, OK we know we can do that, why don't we see if we can do better, better wave, less listing... and if we can't we do the listing thing?
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

So a search on the Forum for Mojo Wake Surf lots of infor, videos, settings.

The weight one side and surf that is the Older way before Surf Gate for Malibu and before Flow and Auto Flow.

You can surf Regular and weight the back of the boat evenly.

Nothing wrong with playing with settings until you find what YOU like best.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    So a search on the Forum for Mojo Wake Surf lots of infor, videos, settings.

The weight one side and surf that is the Older way before Surf Gate for Malibu and before Flow and Auto Flow.

You can surf Regular and weight the back of the boat evenly.

Nothing wrong with playing with settings until you find what YOU like best.
    Thanks. That's kind of what I was hoping. I'll do the research and figure it out.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

I am new to it all and just got a 2014 Mojo this Spring. I surf on the goofy side and I have found that my boat seems to do better with the surf side full and the off side 70% full. Front always full. I usually surf with flow surf on setting 2. If you don't have a bow sack everyone swears by it. I got the sumo 750. Most people also upgrade their back sacks to 900s or 1100s. Honestly it really seems like you have to play with it on the water. It takes time and patience and every person in the boat can make a difference in your wave. I am still working to figure mine out. My next trial is going to be trying to old fashioned way listing the boat not using the flow surf tab. I have a hard time getting as much length as I'd like but that's the issue with surfing on the goofy side. My best setting so far for surfing goofy has been the following:

Front 750 Bag in bow full
    Center front tank 500 full
    Surf side rear sack 1100 full
    Left side rear sack 1100 70% full
    Wake plate up all the way
    Flow surf set on 2
    Speed 10.2 - 10.4
    Two adults in bow on surf side
    Three adults in back on surf side including driver
    A few kids in the back also

There are some good posts to check out on the forum Mike M and Wolfman are really helpful. Good luck and please post your findings.
    Jed
    2014 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by jedandsara View Post
    I am new to it all and just got a 2014 Mojo this Spring. I surf on the goofy side and I have found that my boat seems to do better with the surf side full and the off side 70% full. Front always full. I usually surf with flow surf on setting 2. If you don't have a bow sack everyone swears by it. I got the sumo 750. Most people also upgrade their back sacks to 900s or 1100s. Honestly it really seems like you have to play with it on the water. It takes time and patience and every person in the boat can make a difference in your wave. I am still working to figure mine out. My next trial is going to be trying to old fashioned way listing the boat not using the flow surf tab. I have a hard time getting as much length as I'd like but that's the issue with surfing on the goofy side. My best setting so far for surfing goofy has been the following:

Front 750 Bag in bow full
    Center front tank 500 full
    Surf side rear sack 1100 full
    Left side rear sack 1100 70% full
    Wake plate up all the way
    Flow surf set on 2
    Speed 10.2 - 10.4
    Two adults in bow on surf side
    Three adults in back on surf side including driver
    A few kids in the back also

There are some good posts to check out on the forum Mike M and Wolfman are really helpful. Good luck and please post your findings.
    Thanks for the input. I'm working with Bamamojo to get an IBS hopefully this week. I think the upgrade to the rear sacks will have to wait till next year. I will post some video of my wife surfing this past weekend. I only have her on the rope but she was able to drop and surf for several minutes. Now I don't know what the wakes are supposed to look like but based on my readings, one things ours lacked this weekend was length.

As everyone says it will be an experimenting kind of thing based on input from the site so I hope I can get the most from what I have by the end of July. I already am getting more Directv DVRs so I can extend my boating season into college football season. I'm a Gator in Bama territory, so I have that going for me, which is nice.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo