Default Mojo 2.5 ghetto gate?

Has anyone tried adding a gate to a Mojo? I've got a 2013 without flow that I'd like to improve on the cheap this season. After seeing all the XLV gates I thought it might be worth a shot.
    2013 Mojo

Couldn't hurt to try, 30 bucks in materials plus your time..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sorry Man I CRINGE at this idea.

The Mojo unlike the XLV, LSV and OB was designed with Surf in mind. Its got a Surf Style hull and and if you are not getting what you want, then weight the boat differently. I have had as much as 4500lbs in my boat, and as little as 1800 to surf. Never have I considered the ghetto gate.

To each their own but on the Mojo I just don't see it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike, you have the flow. Right?

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yes but the first year we had the boat we did not have flow
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Mojo 2.5 ghetto gate?

Thanks For the Intel Mike. What did you find to be the best surf setup for regular footers before adding the flow?

I tried surfing for the first time this week and couldn't go rope less. I suspect my board may be a little overwhelmed with my weight. Also, after researching the site more I think I also needed more speed.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yes but the first year we had the boat we did not have flow
    after going to surf fest and using my own gate, which really does not put a lot of pressure on the platform. I prefer an almost level boat vs a loaded boat all day long from driving, riding and behind the boat, so for a only a few bucks IMHO its worth experimenting with. you obviously went that way. true need to get the boat dialed first loaded but then fine tune with the gate

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Chris there is someone selling the Flow Gate for your boat. That is getting the surf gate on the cheap for sure

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    after going to surf fest and using my own gate, which really does not put a lot of pressure on the platform. I prefer an almost level boat vs a loaded boat all day long from driving, riding and behind the boat, so for a only a few bucks IMHO its worth experimenting with. you obviously went that way. true need to get the boat dialed first loaded but then fine tune with the gate
    I understand your point brutha. On my Regular side I have very little lean when using flow. When i use Flow my rear is weighted evenly, just the nose bag I added and people make the boat lean.

Chris before Flow I weighted it with 1100 Surf side rear, 500 Non surf side 500 hard tank and 650 IBS speed 10.3-11 and adjust wake plate to your liking, the boat will be leaned over to Regular side.

The flow will allow you to weight rear evenly and technically run less weight on Surf side do to the Flows function and running more off set weight.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Sorry Man I CRINGE at this idea.

The Mojo unlike the XLV, LSV and OB was designed with Surf in mind. Its got a Surf Style hull and and if you are not getting what you want, then weight the boat differently. I have had as much as 4500lbs in my boat, and as little as 1800 to surf. Never have I considered the ghetto gate.

To each their own but on the Mojo I just don't see it.
    Yes, step one: maximize your ballast set up. But...........

G23, FS33, X23, the list goes on, have hulls that were designed with surfing in mind and everyone of the boats has a surf system and everyone of them throws a killer wave.

I had to run (2) 750's, one on seat and one on floor in the rear corner in addition to the 3000+ lbs of ballast I was running to achieve anywhere close to what I'm getting with the flow now. Surf system, ghetto gate or OEM allows you to add that weight in the offside and run level/slight list (less then 5deg).

No brainer. $30-$40 and an hour of your time will improve your wave considerably.

I've surfed a range of manufactures boats with ghettos gate and the level improvement holds true on every boat.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo