Default Observer Seat Back

I own a 2003 Outback LS and have only about 10 hours on the boat. While trailering the boat this past weekend we needed to stop several times to close the observers seat back cushion because it had blown open. Has anyone else experienced this problem on their boats? Speed never exceeded 70mph on the hi-way. My immediate thought was to add a piece of velcro or a magnet to the seat back and the opening to the storage area. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

My Mobius does the same thing I also have less then 10 hrs, and velcro was my first thought also. I did notice however that when I had a couple of blankets in the storage area it didnt blow open. I didnt have a chance to see where the blanket was sitting but my guess is that it was blocking the air flow from the hole between the observers seat and the side of the boat. Maybe a properly placed blanket my solve the problem ( well at least at temp solution.

My outback does the same thing. It never really bothered me because nothing has ever blown out. The velcro is a good idea.

I have a 2003 Mobius LSV that has the same issue. The seat cushion also blows off and it becomes a race to stop before it blows out of the boat. I started storing all the life jackets and tubes behind the seat and it has since stopped. However, I like the velcro idea as well. If anyone has tried that let us know how it is working. I just don't want to have the kids struggling to get the seat open.

Default seat open

Yeah, me too with the outback. Tried velcro, but it didn't work the way I did it.

Went the redneck route with duct tape for a while. Stays closed but leaves marks.

Will probably try a strap with velcro such that one piece sticks up from behind the cushion and the other piece of velcro is on the passenger's dash.

Default Seatback

Now I think I might try a leash and hook set-up since Catdog already tried the Velcro thing. What I'm thinking is a small door hook from the hardware store and a piece of flexible coated cable attached to the back of the seatback and an eyelet attached inside the storage area, maybe to the bump-out for the glove box. Make the leash long enough to get my hand in to undo the hook but still short enough to not let the seatback blow all the way open. Would only hook it while trailering the boat. What I was most concerned about was the hinge on the seatback getting sprung. What do you guys think?
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI