Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Big Wetsounds System

I'm considering a large Wetsounds system for my new boat. I am coming from Exile equipment but am looking for a change. I want to get the best price and use a dealer that supports the forum if possible. Who do you guys recommend I contact about a package deal for the following equipment?

Tower: 2 Rev410s
    Tower Amp: SD4
    InBoat: (3 Pairs) WS650
    InBoat Amp: SD4
    Subwoofer: Wetsounds XXXv2
    Subwoofer Amp: SD2

Thanks,

Brett

I would hit up Odin at Earmark Marine. He's even down in your neck of the woods!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Can you go bigger on your cabin speakers like the WS808s?

Default Big Wetsounds System

Not without cutting bigger wholes. Going to consider but currently thinking no.

There is a pretty big improvement in cabin sound with the larger speakers, so I'd cut the holes if that is an option and you're buying all new. You should have couple of local dealers in Houston that should be able to hook you up on the whole system.

I agree with the above statement that Odin with Earmark Marine is a great source as an authorized on-line Wetsounds dealer. His knowledge of audio, fabrication and system tuning is incredible and sets him apart. And if you are doing the installation yourself, that is the type of support you can really benefit from. He also offers competitive forum, zone and system packages.
    However, if you are not doing the installation yourself, then I would recommend you depend on a local installing dealer.

What tower? You will not get two Rev410's on the OZ hd tower. Ask me how I know.

Personally I'm a bigger fan of the JL series amps. I'm running 2 JL750/1 HD's on a threesome setup.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=humble

The SD4 is a little light on 410's
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

There is a shop by my house that does a lot of work on boats. Mobile Innovations. They built the system in that WS Tige demo boat that toured around with the rat rod car.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Talking with a couple of installers and considering self install as well. Trying to get competitive pricing on the hardware.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    What tower? You will not get two Rev410's on the OZ hd tower. Ask me how I know.

Personally I'm a bigger fan of the JL series amps. I'm running 2 JL750/1 HD's on a threesome setup.

The SD4 is a little light on 410's
    I know it will fit on the Tower I'm getting with the boat. Don't want to reveal my new ride yet.

I was considering two JL 750/1 HDs but the SD4 does similiar power in a single package and is marine. Out put would be 685x2 at 4 Ohms. Why do you think that is light?

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    I agree with the above statement that Odin with Earmark Marine is a great source as an authorized on-line Wetsounds dealer.
    Thanks. I just sent him a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    There is a pretty big improvement in cabin sound with the larger speakers, so I'd cut the holes if that is an option and you're buying all new. You should have couple of local dealers in Houston that should be able to hook you up on the whole system.
    I'll consider them once I have the boat and can access the space. I have made a deal with the seller but to wait to pick it up since the seller is out of state.

Brett