Default Marine Speaker Review - Top 10

I found this website that ranks the top ten marine speakers. Ive been narrowing in on JL Audio m650's for my boat until I saw this list. Now the Polks have my attention. Anybody have any feedback on this? I know sometimes the most expensive isnt always the best. Anybody currently have the Polk MM's?
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

While it's not exactly what you asked, I would suggest enlarging the openings and going with a bigger speaker. This will make much more difference than what you'll hear between the 6.5 JL or Polks IMO. You'll have a different list of speakers to choose from in the 8" range.

Yes, that whole test is unfounded. Price clearly plays a huge factor in a sound quality comparison. Polk wins cause they can be had for $60 on amazon. Are they a bad sounding speaker, no. Are they a price point speaker, yes. Are they a value at what they can be had for on the net, sure.

thats a really good point you make about a larger speaker. How big will fit in my 2011 LSV?
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

There was a long and in-depth discussion about that speaker review on another forum. It's totally bogus. They arrived at their conclusions by no more than the printed and on-line info available from the manufacturers. Advertising was involved. The reviewer knew very little about audio in general. Real testing was not done.
    Is the Polk Audio speaker good? Independent of the review...Yes.