Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default 2005 moomba will not run

I wouldn't have thought you would have a breaker on the dash panel. Exposed to the environment or direct water with no cover?

Not that I am familiar with these boats (yet).
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

well its got a rubber cover over it

Default 2005 moomba will not run

That sounds odd but at least it's protected.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

05's don't have check engine lights that I know of. Started in 06
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by blackyj View Post
    I have checked the two vaccuum hoses and they are good. Also the intake looks clean when i open the throttle plate, its just the top of the throttle plate that had the black suit on it. The shrader valve on the driver side fuel rail is where i hooked it to and i did get it to run for about fifteen minutes (still dont know how) but as soon as i got it up to about 20mph it died and wouldnt run but for about 5 seconds at a time before dying. I had the fuel pressure gauge hooked up at this time and this is when it stayed between 58lbs and 60lbs and never dropped under 55lbs even after stalling. Before someone mentions it I have also checked the main ground on the engine block and the ground close to the distributor which are both good.
    This really sounds like an Ignition Control Module problem. I really don't know off hand if the engine has one of these. I know on older small blocks this was an issue when the module gets hot its internally shorts and kills the engine. Then it cools off a bit and works again. I chased this issue on my Vette. It looks like this and they are in the distributor or mounted outside. When mounted outside it has a 4 wire plug if i recall, and will be mounted to some kind of heat sink. I had a 92 Z28 with one in the distributor and the contacts where corroded so it would run great when the car sat a while, then once it got hot and began to cool off say at the gas station it would crank with no start.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2314390...lpid=82&chn=ps
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    This really sounds like an Ignition Control Module problem. I really don't know off hand if the engine has one of these. I know on older small blocks this was an issue when the module gets hot its internally shorts and kills the engine. Then it cools off a bit and works again. I chased this issue on my Vette. It looks like this and they are in the distributor or mounted outside. When mounted outside it has a 4 wire plug if i recall, and will be mounted to some kind of heat sink. I had a 92 Z28 with one in the distributor and the contacts where corroded so it would run great when the car sat a while, then once it got hot and began to cool off say at the gas station it would crank with no start.

This is what I have about decided the problem is. I take it tomorrow to get it hooked to diacom.....Will this problem show up on it or am I wasting 60 bucks?

X2 for Mike. I've replaced the electronic ignition on my 98 twice and in both cases the engine was very unpredictable but it continued to run
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Re: 2005 moomba will not run

Bypass the oil pressure switch, not the oil pressure gauge sensor.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Bypass the oil pressure switch, not the oil pressure gauge sensor.
    I put a new switch in nd it didn't help

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

This is what I had about decided......taking tomorrow to get a diacom hooked to it so we will see if that can tell me anything