Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    05's don't have check engine lights that I know of. Started in 06
    Is there an easy way to add one?

Does anyone know what the fuel pressure at the rail should be? Friend of mine said he thought 30lbs. So in this case I'm thinking fuel pressure regulator since I'm getting 60lbs at the shrader valve which according to my engine book should be what the fuel pump sends?

Rail pressure at start up is 50-60 but the regulator doesn't do anything until the engine starts.

Fuel pump charges the line, then shuts off.
    Once Started Fuel pump kicks on, and then Regulator Regulates.

If you charge the fuel line and then let the fuel out of the line with the valve, the pressure does not return...Until you cycle the key on and off again

If you have the engine running and press the valve the fuel pressure does not drop, because the regulator allows more fuel through it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I wouldn't want a check engine light. That whole set up is just another pain in my book
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Rail pressure at start up is 50-60 but the regulator doesn't do anything until the engine starts.

Fuel pump charges the line, then shuts off.
    Once Started Fuel pump kicks on, and then Regulator Regulates.

If you charge the fuel line and then let the fuel out of the line with the valve, the pressure does not return...Until you cycle the key on and off again

If you have the engine running and press the valve the fuel pressure does not drop, because the regulator allows more fuel through it.
    So the pressure should drop to thirty when engine starts?...if the regulator is bad then would to much pressure to the injectors cause the motor to shut down?