Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by mazzyel2162 View Post
    Yes - not using the head unit would be great. Any idea if you can use the standard head unit remotes with media center?

Insurance is paying for new speakers, so I'm thinking might as well add this to my order!
    It honestly depends on how you wire it.

If you go Media center -> Deck -> zone control -> amps. then yeah. your deck remotes would work. But at that point, I think it's kind of silly to pay the extra money for the media center, as you might as well just get the standard exile Bluetooth unit (I have that one in my car) unless you really think you'll benefit from the track forward/back on the media center controls (your deck won't facilitate track forward and back if you're playing on an external BT input remember)

But if you went from the media center to the zone control, then you're bypassing the deck and in turn bypassing the transom remotes. Head unit remotes are only designed to control that headunit and the volume of anything downstream.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by mazzyel2162 View Post
    will this work with the Kicker ZXM-RLC zone controller?
    Yes, sure will! The ZXM-RLC is a universal pre-amp dual-zone volume control with a 9V per chnl line driver. It will give you fingertip volume control over 2 zones. The knobs can be surface or panel mounted. It only requires a single right and left input signal and then the control module does the splitting for you. No loss of line level like splitting the output from the head-unit to multiple amps. You dont need a bunch of long RCA runs like with a simple POT level control.

cool, thanks. I already have the Kicker zone control in the boat.

Trayson, thanks for the feedback. Guess one really doesn't need to use the existing remotes, when everything can be done thru the phone.

Believe it or not, I do not have a cell phone and know zilch about them and apps and all that BS. But, every guest that comes in my boat always wants to play their own tunes thru their phones.

I would go media center then. it allows the driver to track forward and pause the music. it's really nice for my wife when she's driving to be able to skip forward a song if we aren't feeling it. Being able to do that without having to get into the other person's phone that is your music source is really nice. The media center also has an auxillary input cord, so you can still hook in source from a headphone jack.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com