Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Meant to include this with the other post - Here is the EXDZ (below) part of the Media Center Kit.

The intention is to create a simple to use efficient setup that doesn't require a big deck. We want the Zone control to be big and easy to use.

Hey I like that. Can you remove david analog and repost so I can save it??

Great combo of products. Simple effective solution since phones are now the easiest source.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Excuse me. I'm back now. I had to take a .... oh, never mind.

So back on track. I like this category. Here's something else to consider. Whether it's the JL Audio, Exile, or a few other good options, best case voltage output is about 2 volts, and only when the BT unit is receiving max gain from the phone. Unlike when we are using a HU or EQ, the BT is our only gain stage before the amplifiers. We know how important good voltage is. With the passive dual zone control we are splitting the best case 2 volts out. So that is 1 volt max to the tower amplifier and 1 volt max to the in-boat amplifier. Plus, bridging or having to populate more than one amplifier input further divides the voltage. A HU or EQ with good voltage and triple stereo outputs resolves this. But if you want to avoid both and take the streamlined approach with a fairly big or complex system you might also consider the Kicker dual zone line driver or two JL Audio line drivers with controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    Excuse me. I'm back now. I had to take a .... oh, never mind.

So back on track. I like this category. Here's something else to consider. Whether it's the JL Audio, Exile, or a few other good options, best case voltage output is about 2 volts, and only when the BT unit is receiving max gain from the phone. Unlike when we are using a HU or EQ, the BT is our only gain stage before the amplifiers. We know how important good voltage is. With the passive dual zone control we are splitting the best case 2 volts out. So that is 1 volt max to the tower amplifier and 1 volt max to the in-boat amplifier. Plus, bridging or having to populate more than one amplifier input further divides the voltage. A HU or EQ with good voltage and triple stereo outputs resolves this. But if you want to avoid both and take the streamlined approach with a fairly big or complex system you might also consider the Kicker dual zone line driver or two JL Audio line drivers with controllers.
    I have a full Exile system, have for 5 years now, But I will not be upgrading, or in my view downgrading to this unit. I just don't see a gain here to Delete my HU?
    I currently don't use my HU already. I have the Exile BT unit running to my ZLDMK2 and it works great.

I don't see how its a Win when your killing all the Voltage to your ZLD, or WS420, or what ever unit you plug into. It was only as few short years ago everyone was upgrading HU from 2V outs to 4V outs and the big argument over more out Volts the better. Now we are going wireless, with 2V again...
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I don't think anyone with an eq would be looking at anything but the BT unit. Eq is certainly the better option (disregarding price)

I just bought a BT unit myself (too soon apparently). I was jumping between the jl and ws. Jl being the cheaper option and the ws giving you the ability to override phone controls at the module, or driver basically.

From my understanding, these units seem to give you the override function like the ws but in a more user friendly interface.

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Exile digital media center?

I'm going to use this in place of my remote and run the output to my ws420. (No zone knob) Gets rid of the now useless remote and gives me a stereo on switch that I don't currently have. Should be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I don't think anyone with an eq would be looking at anything but the BT unit. Eq is certainly the better option (disregarding price)

I just bought a BT unit myself (too soon apparently). I was jumping between the jl and ws. Jl being the cheaper option and the ws giving you the ability to override phone controls at the module, or driver basically.

From my understanding, these units seem to give you the override function like the ws but in a more user friendly interface.

Yea I get that. My only frustration with the BT units, so fare and I don't know if this caries across all the units is trying to switch phones sometimes.

On the Exile, you turn your BT off on your Phone. Then Someone else turns their BT on and it should link up. Works most of the time but not always.

Now another thing I tell people when they get on the boat is Phone in Airplane mode if you don't have service, and BT off LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Then Someone else turns their BT on and it should link up. Works most of the time but not always.
    This may sometimes be caused by the phone. On occasions, I have to purge one of my BT's from my phone and then re-pair when the phone "sees" the BT but wont pair.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    This may sometimes be caused by the phone. On occasions, I have to purge one of my BT's from my phone and then re-pair when the phone "sees" the BT but wont pair.
    true true....
    [COLOR="#696969"]

BT operation can really be a zoo on a boat with multiple people all wanting to connect and play tunes from their playlist. The difficulty lays with any given BT receiver wanting to stay connected. Going into airplane mode or turning off BT at the handset helps, but its the nature of the beast.. I was in a boat last night with 8 people and 6 of them had previous connections with the BT module. A new person wanted to try it, but nobody could figure out who was connected. I said, "everyone play a song... and whoa! when music came out the speakers we knew who had the connection." BT is just BT. Its come a long way in a short time. Atleast the BT4.0 sounds damn good! -Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yea I get that. My only frustration with the BT units, so fare and I don't know if this caries across all the units is trying to switch phones sometimes.

On the Exile, you turn your BT off on your Phone. Then Someone else turns their BT on and it should link up. Works most of the time but not always.

Now another thing I tell people when they get on the boat is Phone in Airplane mode if you don't have service, and BT off LOL.