Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sounds similar to the WS bluetooth module (local track and volume control) but in more user friendly looking package.

Head units will soon be disappearing.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

It's about time the head unit finally died. As a next step I'd like to see simple zone control built into devices like these. And a mic.

In the meantime...

As a next step I'd like to see simple zone control built into devices like these. And a mic.
    Well, this has existing for many years.

Now as to simple zone control. Fusion and Kicker have source units with built-in zone control, but its not fingertip ready as say from the Wet Sounds WS-420, Kicker ZXM-RLC and exile zld. Their zone control is accessed in a sub menu. That may not be simple in the context of your simple, but its zone control. IMO, simple needs to be a knob/dial. In a design like pictured, I see that being a challenge, and through a sub menu impossible without a display and a main control brain black box type source unit.

And i agree that head-units in a traditional sense, are going away. So many new mech-less units, units with USB that will allow streaming i-heart and pandora.

Default Exile digital media center?

I agree that simple means a knob and not a sub menu. Someday maybe.

Looks like Cerwin Vega has a similar unit 'bout ready to go as well. Just different faceplate.

http://cerwinvegamobile.com/all-prod...3-cvbtr10.html

Complete Wireless Connection – Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP, A V RCP, HFP, HID) ow current draw version
    Water Resistant Touch Keypad For Marine Environment
    Remote Trigger In/Out
    Connect To Source Unit or Amplifier With Auxiliary Input
    1” Mounting Hole
    Direct To Battery Fused Wiring Via Internal Hard-Wire Installation

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    What I've learned so far:

BT 4.0
    Controls track up and down on your phone
    Designed as a weather proof solution for the dash and head unit replacement
    It also has remote in and remote out so it can trigger the audio system to wake up, or it can operate as a slave unit

I think one of these might be in my future. The fact that I live about 30 minutes from the Exile Headquarters doesn't hurt...

Now I just have to figure out where to put it. Any suggestions?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Exile digital media center?

Any empty gauge spots? Cut a hole where the remote is?

Default Exile media center --- 4/1/1

Hi guys - Some 411 for you.

The Exile Media Center is an alternative to a deck. It's part of a kit that comes with the EXMC (whats pictured) and the EXDZ (dual zone controller). It's basically a great alternative to the traditional Deck head unit. This unit is different than the link earmark posted. David the JL link is a A2DP device similar to the Exile EXBT4 device. The EXBT4 device is also A2DP but adds the LE stack for low energy transmission loss which provides for 30% better battery life on your handset. There are many brands of bluetooth receivers... these are but (2) of them.

Neither of these products have anything to do with how the Media Center functions. The EXMC is based on AVRCP which does full function track control volume adjustment and audio distribution. Here's a quick run down on the Media center

- AVRCP Track control
    - Volume adjustment
    - BT4.0 LE compliant with APTX codecs
    - IPX67 water rating sealed chassis
    - Bezel mount
    - Remote trigger output
    - Slave Remote trigger input
    - 2.2V output
    - 2 zone fader controller

Last edited by Brianinpdx; 06-12-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks for the details. The Aux input makes it more versatile. I like that.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Except zone control with single output?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded