Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gqjeff View Post
    Ok looks like you may gain a 1/2" is all when closed. Def not worth it then. Damn I'm bummed...

Thanks Trayson
    Yeah, the swivel really doesn't gain your anything. the quick release would absolutely gain you though. on the origin reborn, it's a knob that you twist to remove the rack. It would take less than a minute to do this.

That said, I still like the quick release on the Monster racks better.

Quote Originally Posted by JHutch View Post
    So would the swivel work if it faced the transom of the boat? It appears it may swivel all the way in if it did. I am looking for something that will swivel all the way into the boat so it will fit in my slip.
    So the way that the clamp mounts to the swivel, if you faced the clamp towards the stern, the rack would swivel all the way inside the boat. HOWEVER, unless your tower tube that you're mounting it on it perfectly vertical, the plane that the swivel rotates around would NOT be level to the water. so on my boat, if I mounted the clamp/swivel facing the stern the racks would be level with the water when the boards are in them and the rack is sticking out, and then the rack would swing downward and the racks would be pointing downwards once it was swiveled into the boat. I hope that makes sense.

Hey guys, I have an answer for you though! But it's going to cost you another $140.

http://www.reborntower.com/accessories/125

Reborn has a little extension and if you look at this, it adds another axis upon which you can adjust the mounting of the swivel to clamp!

So, if you look at this picture, the clamp and extension are mounted so that the swivel is pointed at the stern, just like you'd want. I would estimate that this setup only sticks out 2" from the tower tubing. So from a clearance perspective you'd be fantastic. It's just going to cost you $140 more.

So I paid $190 to $200 for my rack and swivel (cheaper for two wakeboard vs. wakeboard/kneeboard). so add another $140 and you get that clearance you're looking for. Yeah, a LOT more expensive, but price is on par with other more "brand name" racks.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thanks for the pics man! I was hoping someone would bite the bullet and buy one first. Im sold, pulling the trigger on this!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity 1 Ballast with IBS

So, I did another weekend with the rack, and even after tightening the allen on the swivel, we hit one large bump on some rough water and the rack pivoted from straight out to the next spot inward. I'm going to follow up with the company to see what they have to say. It was actually a little unsettling to have people seated and have the racks start to rotate boards towards their head...

I'll update and let you all know what I hear.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So, if Im reading this right, the swivel is the culprit, or is the clamp around the tower moving? I thought that locking pin was supposed to hold the swivel from moving until you pull it up? Is the pin spring-loaded? Sorry if Im not picking up what youre laying down.

Edit: my apologies, I just re read post 32. Got it figured now. Keep us posted.
    Last edited by Jordy Dag; 08-29-2016 at 01:04 AM.
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity 1 Ballast with IBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy Dag View Post
    So, if Im reading this right, the swivel is the culprit, or is the clamp around the tower moving? I thought that locking pin was supposed to hold the swivel from moving until you pull it up? Is the pin spring-loaded? Sorry if Im not picking up what youre laying down.

yes, the pin is spring loaded. and if I hit some hard chop it's enough to make the rack bounce on the swivel enough to overcome the spring and make the rack pivot one position to the next point the spring loaded pin will engage.

I'll be getting my 2nd rack on Wednesday and I'll be able to compare the spring rate of the two swivels then. Maybe I just have a weaksauce spring? Of course I'll keep you all updated on my findings.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I will throw my recent experience with Bullet Lines into the mix. I got the four tine wake, surf, wake rack several weeks ago with the swivel on back order. I used it for a couple of weeks without the swivel and two more weekends with the swivel.
    I got the swivel because the cables for the boat lift will hit the rack and tear it up. Also with a lot of people on the boat there isn't much room for several surf boards and a wake board or two.

I tried a couple of racks and for one reason or another they just didn't work. The Bullet Lines fit the bill perfectly. From the pic you can see that surf boards fit nicely in the wake board slots. The only surf boards that didn't fit properly were two surf style boards.
    We have bumped around with them for about a month now and the boards have remained undamaged and the swivel has been working great.

There is enough adjustment that the rack sits level with boat and when it swings in it stays level, not all of them do that. Since the swivel is toward the back it is pretty equal and I can bring the rack in half way with no boards and it isn't in anyone's way and it is just about even with the outside of the boat. You can see that they don't swivel in a full 180* but it is really close. I think they claim 170* pivot. The boards swing in enough to where I can pull into the boat lift and nothing will touch the cables. There are two positive locks, full in and full out. When not locked there isn't any movement and is pretty tight.

I am happy enough that I am buying one more for the starboard side but for wake / wake this time. The boards didn't bang together and it is all solid so far.

[img]I will throw Bullet Lines into the mix. I got the four tine wake, surf, wake rack several weeks ago with the swivel on back order. I used it for a couple of weeks without the swivel and two more weekends with the swivel.
    I got the swivel because the cables for the boat lift will hit the rack and tear it up. Also with a lot of people on the boat there isn't much room for several surf boards and a wake board.

I tried a couple of racks and for one reason or another they just didn't work. The Bullet Lines fit the bill perfectly. From the pic you can see that surf boards fit nicely in the wake board slots. The only surf boards that didn't fit properly were two surf style boards.
    We have bumped around with them for about a month now and the boards have remained undamaged and the swivel has been working great.

There is enough adjustment that the rack sits level with boat and when it swings in it stays level, not all of them do that. Since the swivel is toward the back it is pretty equal and I can bring the rack in half way with no boards and it isn't in anyone's way and it is just about even with the outside of the boat. You can see that they don't swivel in a full 180* but it is really close. I think they claim 170* pivot. There are two positive locks, full in and full out. When not locked there isn't any movement and is pretty tight.

I am happy enough that I am buying one more for the starboard side but for surf / surf this time.

[/img]I will throw Bullet Lines into the mix. I got the four tine wake, surf, wake rack several weeks ago with the swivel on back order. I used it for a couple of weeks without the swivel and two more weekends with the swivel.
    I got the swivel because the cables for the boat lift will hit the rack and tear it up. Also with a lot of people on the boat there isn't much room for several surf boards and a wake board.

There is enough adjustment that the rack sits level with boat and when it swings in it stays level, not all of them do that. Since the swivel is toward the back it is pretty equal and I can bring the rack in half way with no boards and it isn't in anyone's way and it is just about even with the outside of the boat. You can see that they don't swivel in a full 180* but it is really close. I think they claim 170* pivot. There are two positive locks, full in and full out. When not locked there isn't any movement and is pretty tight.

I am happy enough that I am buying one more for the starboard side but for surf / surf this time.

2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Not sure what happened with the post above but too late to edit or trash it.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Not sure what happened with the post above but too late to edit or trash it.
    PWI

haven't had too many of those lately w/ Newty and Berg having gone AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy Dag View Post

So, I just got off the phone with the USA tech support for Origin Rebound. She was VERY understanding and supportive. She acknowledged 100% that a rack that can have the swivel pin pop up when you hit chop is a definite safety concern. She gave me the email to contact Lily, who is the point person at the manufacturing site in China ([email protected]) and told me that if I need to contact the USA tech support again, that she would be happy to get a supervisor involved for me. Therefore, so far they are being very cool about the issue.

My 2nd rack is supposed to arrive later today, so I'll compare the swivel mechanisms on the two and then contact the manufacturer via email.

Again, I'll keep you all updated.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

received the rack/swivel for the other side of my tower. the spring rates on the release for the swivel didn't seem to be all that different between the two swivels. so I guess the test will have to be using them with boards in them on rougher water (side by side).

Boat won't be in the water until this weekend though. Hopefully I can throw the other side on before we go out again.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com