Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just found a thread from 2011 where some one was going to do the same thing and they determined that the flat circle between the tracking fins under the boat does not match up with the hole in the gas tank. It sounds like the only way to do it is drill a hole through the flat spot in the hole being very careful not to go too far up as the gas tank is only an inch or so off the floor. The drawback is you can only access the plug from underneath. I think it would still be worth it to do, just a little scared dealing with the gas tank.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Ok, so I got curious and decided to pull the gas tank (very easy to do, not even screwed in, just disconnect the gas lines and slide it out). The bottom of the hull was really nasty! Oil, water, gunk, etc over 8+ years and it was pretty bad. So there are 3 square pieces of board that are used for mounting the tracking fins and the gas tank just sits on top of those. So the flat round hole underneath the boat is between the front two tracking fins which means that it lines up with the space between the two front board on the floor. So the question is, is it worth it to put a drain plug in from the bottom or just pull the tank once every year or two and clean things out? If you do put a plug in would it be best to just screw it in to the fiberglass or use longer bolt that go through the hull and use bolts to tighten them down? Any thoughts?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Default Center Drain Plug

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    If you do put a plug in would it be best to just screw it in to the fiberglass or use longer bolt that go through the hull and use bolts to tighten them down? Any thoughts?
    The center drains from the factory are thru bolted with lock nuts.

On a side note, there are no plates on my 2014 LSV backing the fins. There are only washers and lock nuts. Your center plate looks like it may cover part of the drain.
    Last edited by jstenger; 08-05-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

ok so one more update on this. The white square boards are not used to mount the tracking fins. The are there to just support the gas tank. There are holes in the boards to access the screws from the fin but the boards are actually just epoxied to the hull. I started moving one and I was able to just pop it off. The fins are just bolted to the hull. What I also figured out was that the area between the front two fins is not the low point in the floor of the boat, it is about 12 inches forward of the first fin and it is about 2 inches deeper. You can see the water pooled up in the pictures forward of the bolts from the fin. So putting a drain plug between the front two fins would help but I think you will still have that deeper area holding water. With that being the case I think I am going to just leave things as is for now and maybe pull the tank every year or two just to clean things if needed.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

My boat pools water in the same area. I have to jack the trailer tongue up to get all the water out.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Default Center Drain Plug

We have a large hill by the lake house and I usually just park the truck at the top of the hill and let the water drain out

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    My boat pools water in the same area. I have to jack the trailer tongue up to get all the water out.
    that last picture was taken with my trailer jack all the up. I guess i could float some epoxy or something in the deep area to fill it up which would then push the water back further to where the plug would go but that's more than i'm up for at this point.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190