Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Center Drain Plug

While performing my ballast upgrade a noticed a spot on the bottom of my boat between two of the tracking fins that was a flattened out circle like it was meant to have a center drain plug installed there. If you remove the floor from inside there is a hole
    Molded into the gas tank that I believe goes to where this circle is. Has anyone added a center bilge drain to their boats?? I am considering doing this on my 08 LSV but am not sure how. I know shortly after my model year they started to come standard with the center drain plug.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Need to find a kit like this one but with a flat plug:

http://www.nueratrailerparts.com/p-1...FdgQgQodDQsAkg
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Center Drain Plus

Well all the new boas have the plug that you remove or install from inside the boat. I was hoping to find one like that. I don't think it would be too hard to drill a hole in the floor and install an access panel like the newer LSVs

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I believe the problem is the gas tanks weren't molded with access to the area where the plug would go. You'll have to access it from underneath the boat. The kit like Pat posted will work fine. I wouldn't worry about the plug being exposed as it's inline with the tracking fins and doubt it'll create much if any drag. Be careful when drilling from bottom up as gas tank sits above with maybe 1/2" of clearance.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

This could be a really great upgrade. Watching to see what you come up with.

I have a hole in my gas tank that looks like it goes down right where the plug would go. I'll test it with some magnets in the next week

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Did the holes line up? I have a 2003 Outback LSV, I have the same water not draining problem and the molded area behind the first track fin. I also have a hole in the fuel tank but have not taken the time to see where it lines up.

I was thinking of using a Garboards with a backer so I would have no concern for the attachment to the boat. Anyone have an opinion on theses vs the standard wood screw style?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 OUTBACK LSV

Any info on this? Would love to do this if the holes line up.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I have not had a chance to look into it yet. I wish I didnt spell plug wrong in the thread title though. embarrassing!
    David

Fixed the title. Still watching this thread for updates!