Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Replaced factory anchor light...

I can't stand the goofy flip up anchor light that comes on our boats - I tolerated it for 5 seasons on our 2008, and 2 on the 2013 before I decided to replace it.

I couldn't find a reasonably priced option that I liked, so I decided to go with one of these, and then build a base out of 2" PVC.

I bought 2' length at HomeDepot for like $4 and cut to length;

Then I glued the base to the pipe;

And filled, then sanded;

Painted it black, wired it up, and love it!
    2013 Outback V

Great minds think alike. Did mine in the off season. Didn't go as high as yours, instead of glue I cut some round disk out of plywood and pounded them in the pvc to secure it to the tower and light. Finished with a coat of plastic dip and some extra HydroTurf I had left over just to the top of the tower around the light.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Why didn't you run the wires inside the tower and up from underneath? Never too late.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That's how I did it I hate wires!
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Why didn't you run the wires inside the tower and up from underneath? Never too late.
    I just figured the main tower pipe was still solid where the cross pipe(where the light is mounted) was welded on. Can't think of a reason way they would compromise the integrity of the tower and cut a hold there. We do have different towers and I'm guessing your wire was already running to the tube your light was mounted to.?.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Why wouldn't you have gone with the light mounted to the tower's rope tow point? I usually like the things you do, but the extra light up there looks like a tumor with the light on top.

If I ever do something, I want mine to look like this:

Also, the ebay light sells for $30. But for a little more you can get the real Attwood LED light that is going to be OEM on newer boats:
    http://www.amazon.com/Attwood-LED-Wa...XPVQSWBXMNHRR1

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

To put it on top of the tow point I would have had to drill through the solid aluminum mount, and had a bolt with a hole to run the wire through - I actually bought a tow point light first that I couldn't adapt because the design was so different.
    2013 Outback V

2013 Outback V

LMAO! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good explanation. I figured there had to be a GOOD reason why you didn't do it that way.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Infact, here is the first tower anchor light I bought. Anyone wanna buy it? It's just a totally different design than the tower is meant to have.

2013 Outback V