Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Mcdye, I think you can buy the standalone BT piece for the same price as the BT unit?
    That's why I went with the 420EQ along with the additional BT receiver instead of the 420BT version. Heard of issues with the bluetooth built in unit!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I have not experienced any issues with the integrated 420BT, but tuning to achieve balance is certainly different then with the 420SQ and external BT. I would hope this would be an expectation, rather then a surprise, for the installer. There are two different inputs, each with their own gain structure.

I'm pretty sure I got a JL 3.0 version a week before they got the 4.0 version
    If you got the JL Audio Bluetooth model # MBT-RX, then you received the 4.0 version, which has been shipping since Spring. JL Audio was slow to correct their website info, thus many dealers had the incorrect product description and specifications. I checked, and at this time both the JL Audio and Earmark Marine website are displaying the correct info.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I have not experienced any issues with the integrated 420BT, but tuning to achieve balance is certainly different then with the 420SQ and external BT. I would hope this would be an expectation, rather then a surprise, for the installer. There are two different inputs, each with their own gain structure.
    Well said MLA.

On the other note, the WS EQ w/ BT has the antenna built into the face panel so it is not actually within the chassis. BT is an RF transmission so it can be affected by low mounting, engine blocks, other metal structures, and can be somewhat directional in certain applications. If both the installer and user fully understand BT and RF transmission/reception in general, then there should not be issues.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    If you got the JL Audio Bluetooth model # MBT-RX, then you received the 4.0 version, which has been shipping since Spring. JL Audio was slow to correct their website info, thus many dealers had the incorrect product description and specifications. I checked, and at this time both the JL Audio and Earmark Marine website are displaying the correct info.
    Does this one have the 4.0 or the 3.0 like the description says?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...io-MBT-RX.html
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

Just buy from Odin .... where it's cheaper ... and you are sure to get the 4.0
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

That is the 4.0 unit. Just old info.
    However, keep in mind that the full 4.0 function doesn't work with many phones or any iphone product at this time. With an iphone you are still in the realm of 3.0. Still works fine. Is there an audible difference? Likely not when underway at speed with wind and motor noise. And a lot depends on the quality of your original files.

IMPORTANT: I know it may just be an example, but Sonic Electronix is ""NOT"" a JL Audio dealer. No warranty. Every JL Audio dealer in the land sells that piece for the same $39 price.

Just buy from Odin .... where it's cheaper ... and you are sure to get the 4.0
    I looked at it there. $40 + $15 shipping. Shipping kills it for me there.

Sonix has it for the same $40, but if I throw something in the cart to make the order $50 or more, I get free shipping. Still not enough to make me throw down...

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    That is the 4.0 unit. Just old info.
    However, keep in mind that the full 4.0 function doesn't work with many phones or any iphone product at this time. With an iphone you are still in the realm of 3.0. Still works fine. Is there an audible difference? Likely not when underway at speed with wind and motor noise. And a lot depends on the quality of your original files.

IMPORTANT: I know it may just be an example, but Sonic Electronix is ""NOT"" a JL Audio dealer. No warranty. Every JL Audio dealer in the land sells that piece for the same $39 price.
    Sounds like I need to find a JL dealer that's local, or one with free shipping then... (if that exists)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Audio Source, Stereo King, Audio Express, Car Toys, Hear no Evil, Audiofiles, Thunder Auto Sound

Hopefully you have rides with good MPG's and you drive there for less than the $11. (15-10% forum dicount) ... but you are gonna pay tax on it when you drive there to buy it so approx $5 savings before fuel factor ...... big decisions.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 06-04-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I looked at it there. $40 + $15 shipping. Shipping kills it for me there.

Sonix has it for the same $40, but if I throw something in the cart to make the order $50 or more, I get free shipping. Still not enough to make me throw down...

Sounds like I need to find a JL dealer that's local, or one with free shipping then... (if that exists)
    Never overlook those progressive forum, zone and system package discounts. No tax and a forum single item discount negates the shipping. Or, there's bound to be a drive by dealer. Same difference.