Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Looking for wetsounds EQ

Hello,
    I'm looking for a ws420SQ or 420BT. Anyone know where I might could find a deal on one?

Thanks.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Never hurts to start with a local Wet Sounds dealer. They will be a front line for install, setup and tuning assistance. If you do not have one you want to work with, contact Earmark Marine. They are an authorized Wet Sounds internet dealer and will offer quality support after the sale.

Best deals I've seen are on Ebay. Of course that's unlikely to be "authorized dealers" and what not.

Or Jonny B from the Supra forums might be worth a shot. here is his company:
    https://www.facebook.com/Proinstallzmobilemarine
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Odin at Earmark is a great guy and knows his stuff!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I have the SQ and thought about selling to get the BT... IMO the BT is the way to go unless the head unit is BT
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Mcdye, I think you can buy the standalone BT piece for the same price as the BT unit?

Agree with Viking, call Odin and mention the forum discount. He will likely have it shipped out the same day.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Mcdye, I think you can buy the standalone BT piece for the same price as the BT unit?
    That's why I went with the 420EQ along with the additional BT receiver instead of the 420BT version. Heard of issues with the bluetooth built in unit!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I have not experienced any issues with the integrated 420BT, but tuning to achieve balance is certainly different then with the 420SQ and external BT. I would hope this would be an expectation, rather then a surprise, for the installer. There are two different inputs, each with their own gain structure.

For you guys looking at bluetooth let me give you a little advice. The last two installs I did on a 420bt the bluetooth gain was significantly lower on my phone then the headphone jack. In other words I tried to tune the amps to the bluetooth but when using a aux cord or the radio the gains were way to high. I went internally in the 420 to turn down the main and aux gains to match the BT but then my amp gains were way too high creating noise. After speaking with Odin, he advised to use an external BT unit (WS or even Exile) and a line driver to match my aux and main gains.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

What do you mean by a line driver?

Are you recommending going external bluetooth into the WS420?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded