Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What was decision on ultimate wiring?

If you are tuned for Bluetooth you won't be tuned for aux headphone input? No way around it?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Audio Source, Stereo King, Audio Express, Car Toys, Hear no Evil, Audiofiles, Thunder Auto Sound

Hopefully you have rides with good MPG's and you drive there for less than the $11. (15-10% forum dicount) ... but you are gonna pay tax on it when you drive there to buy it so approx $5 savings before fuel factor ...... big decisions.
    I'm a CPA, you shouldn't be surprised! LOL. (Don't you know that CPA stands for "cheapest person alive"?)

I was hoping Car Toys would have it because that's maybe 2 miles from me and in Portland so no sales tax, but I called my local Car Toys and gave them the part number and they don't have it in their system to get.

Likewise, the Audio Source listed above is on my way home from work and isn't going out of my way (but does have sales tax) and they didn't have it in their JL Audio catalog.

Really weird, it's like it's a phantom product...

Yeah, might just be worth talking to earmark.

We'll see. not even 100% sure I need to mess with the BT.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

What was decision on ultimate wiring?

If you are tuned for Bluetooth you won't be tuned for aux headphone input? No way around it?

Because I am not the end user and I was afraid of someone grabbing a fist full of volume when plugged into aux I decided to tune it that way. If it was my own I might think differently about it. Actually if doing it again I would by a non BT unit and add it in through the aux to be able to more accurately tune it.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Actually if doing it again I would by a non BT unit and add it in through the aux to be able to more accurately tune it.
    I guess that's my question ... does that solve the problem? There are two aux inputs on the 420 ... If I have a 3.5mm plug in one and an external BT in the other ... am I tuned for both at the amps or do I still have the same problem you are facing?

...... I suppose I could just go wire my JL and find out, huh
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Are you using the main input?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I'll have to look ... right now I have an HSE running into one input and I think a 3.5mm running into the other of the EQ

My plan is to put the JL bluetooth module on the HSE aux. Then the HSE runs to the EQ, which then runs to amps.

The other input on the HSE is the head unit. I'll probably be putting a 3.5mm (just in case) on either the HSE or the EQ, likely EQ since the head unit is already ran to the HSE.

I'll be adding the JL unit soon ... will report back.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I'll have to look ... right now I have an HSE running into one input and I think a 3.5mm running into the other of the EQ

My plan is to put the JL bluetooth module on the HSE aux. Then the HSE runs to the EQ, which then runs to amps.

The other input on the HSE is the head unit. I'll probably be putting a 3.5mm (just in case) on either the HSE or the EQ, likely EQ since the head unit is already ran to the HSE.

I'll be adding the JL unit soon ... will report back.
    It would be nice to have all sources running through the HSE.
    The HSE has a nice size internal line driver with good voltage.
    The JL Audio BT receiver is over 2 volts output with a full BT signal strength so it probably has a similar voltage level to your HU, although ultimately dependent on the BT source level.
    The JL Audio CL-SEC would allow up to three independent sources feeding into the HSE and would allow gain balancing before the HSE and EQ.