Default bluetooth on stock sony head unit

so i picked up the exile audio bluetooth receiver in hopes of just plugging it into my stock head unit for this summer till i get an zld as i would rather spend time on the lake than wire it in. there is i input on the back of the head unit that is labeled "bus in" is that where a guy would plug that in or is that head unit not compatible of supporting something like that.
    2013 outbackv

I believe buss in is for the Unilink that Sony Decks use. This is data and not AUX input for audio. You should use the BT with either an deck that accepts aux inputs or into a preamp EQ like the ZLD or if it is a single amp setup-plug directly into the amplifier itself. -Brian

would this work and just plug into the usb port on the sony, front or rear

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3217507...lpid=82&chn=ps
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Actually the RCA is strictly audio and no data. Only the multi-pin Unilink DIN is data. However, you typically cannot open that RCA input port without Unilink. If the Sony HU is older without the USB options then you can likely use a Sony XAC40 to open the audio port with 'Aux' now showing in the Sony menu. But, the cost of the XAC40 is more than a Clarion EQ and halfway to a ZLD so you have to justify the expense for a short term solution if you are planning to get an EQ anyway.

thanks guys it sounds like a bluetooth free sumer unless i find the motivation to slam a zld in during the week
    2013 outbackv

does the head-unit not have front 3.5mm AUX input? Less than ideal, but doable short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    thanks guys it sounds like a bluetooth free sumer unless i find the motivation to slam a zld in during the week
    Look for a used Sony XA300 or XAC40. Shouldn't be too difficult to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    does the head-unit not have front 3.5mm AUX input? Less than ideal, but doable short term.

this would work
    http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-YRA...F8+to+male+rca
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold