Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Reversible Pump Upgrade

How do you get the ball valves tight on the thru hull without have the thru hull tight to the hull? Or does that 5200 stuff dry hard? And I'm adding three new thru hulls, one for each v-drive bag and one for the IBS. The original through hull is going to only operate the center 400 bag. Also what size wire did you run to the distribution block?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Re: Reversible Pump Upgrade

I let it cure, then use a pipe wrench to hold the thru hull and pipe dope.

Don't get me wrong, you want to get the thru hull tight. A large chisel or screw driver from underneath and a adjustable wrench. I use a pipe wrench to hold the thru hull in place and tighten the but from the inside since I'm helper less..

When it's wet no matter how tight you get it it'll move until it dries..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I think 8 gauge, also you want the breaker fuses instead of regular fuses. They reset..

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I think 8 gauge, also you want the breaker fuses instead of regular fuses. They reset..
    Where do you get these breaker fuses you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

One trick that's REALLY handy is to take the handle of the ball valve and cut it in about 1/2 so it can actuate either up or down. Just a 3" cutoff wheel is what I used.

Doing the thru hulls for reversible is easy. the aerators are way harder as you have to be able to twist a pump on it and still have everything aligned with the output of the pump.

Pro-tip from Berg: the handle of a large crescent wrench fits in the thru hull from the bottom and will hold it in place while you crank on the nut or the ball valve.

Also, if you're planning on using your factory pump for one of your existing bags, you're going to have to install a vented loop or the 1 aerator pump will most certainly fill passively. Remember, you're removing the sprinkler valve from the mix and that's what kept your system from filling. In fact, it still might passively fill while underway because you have the scupper intake for your OEM. You might give some thought to using the factory scupper intake for your smallest bag that's plumbed to the reversible. those pumps in theory won't let water in despite having the scupper intake. I have a reversible on mine.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Oh, another thought.

When I did my reversible pump, I got the two extra check valves and the TEE so that I could do the above water line draining. I really like to be able to watch and know when my pumps are done rather than have to open storage compartments or listen for the change in frequency as the pump gets finished. With 3 pumps if you have them all near each other, hearing when one is done and the other two are still going could be challenging.

I have separate thru-hulls for the vent and drain on my bags. I'm not shy about drilling holes and it's cheaper to buy another thru-hull than to buy a tee and another check valve to combine the vent with the empty.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I plan on leaving one sprinkler valve in the boat for the center bag to prevent exactly what you just described. Basically I'm going to have the factory gravity 1 set up plus three reversible pumps, one for each v drive bag and one for the IBS. The main thing I am curious about is where to mount the pumps. I saw Parrothd had his mounted above the transmission but his boat looks like an older model than mine. Also seems like a good idea to mount the impeller side of the pump towards the bottom to prevent a water leak falling on the actual electrical pump however this would make it more difficult to change impellers in a pinch

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Same boat.. Just older pic

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I plan on leaving one sprinkler valve in the boat for the center bag to prevent exactly what you just described. Basically I'm going to have the factory gravity 1 set up plus three reversible pumps, one for each v drive bag and one for the IBS. The main thing I am curious about is where to mount the pumps. I saw Parrothd had his mounted above the transmission but his boat looks like an older model than mine. Also seems like a good idea to mount the impeller side of the pump towards the bottom to prevent a water leak falling on the actual electrical pump however this would make it more difficult to change impellers in a pinch

Sent from my iPhone
    The instructions say: "however, it is
    suggested that the pump head be down if
    vertical mounting is desired."

If I was keeping the sprinkler valve setup as you described, I'd spend the money and get the Irritrol high flow sprinkler valve to eliminate/lessen that bottleneck.
    https://www.dripdepot.com/product/54...H8XxoCaavw_wcB

the 1" ones are pretty spendy, but the 3/4 are reasonable. Optimally it'd be great to swap out to 1" line and the high flow sprinkler valve for the gravity 1 retrofit... But the price jump on the 1" sprinkler valve might be a deterrent.

I used 3/4" hose for my reversible because I only have it filling a 400 bag most the time. so despite the fact that the reversible and the 3/4 are slower, it works out okay since it's a smaller bag.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com