Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Reversible Pump Upgrade

Ok so my wife bought me the reversible pump upgrade kit to replace the factory sprinkler valve set up in our 08 LSV. My plan is to use the three reversible pumps to fill the v drive locker bags and the integrated bow sack and keep the original pump set up for the ski locker bag. I was wondering if those of you who have done this can provide pictures of where you drilled the new thru hulls and where you mounted the pumps ect. Also any pointers would be much appreciated. I am going to put an order into wakemakers this week for some extra pieces that the kit did not come with so a coupon code would also be awesome. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

this will be a project I may tackle next year, following with interest.

Here is my IBS project from this year. Need to go in and update now that the vented loop is installed and the switch is wired into the pumps.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....u-hull-for-IBS
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Re: Reversible Pump Upgrade

Search my username, I've got several threads with pics for the thru hulls, drivers side near the trans. Also switch locations, and installing the motors above the trans..

The link above is a aearator pump setup not a reversible..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Order the oikler clamps for a factory looking install, get the one way vents and run the starboard vent to port and port to starboard and 1100 bags..

How hard was it installing the through hulls??? I'm scared in gonna drill a hole and then not be able to fit a wrench on them to get them tight

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Did you need to install any brass 90s coming off to the thru hulls for clearance?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

It's not the tightness that keeps water out, the 5200 does, the bolt is there to hold the fitting while the 5200 dries. Don't over tighten, all you'll do is squeeze out all of the 5200.

I use a small drill bit and drill a small pilot hole from the inside where you want to intake to be.

I put the valves and thru holes together and position everything first to find the location for each one, making sure you can reach the shut off valves and that you can turn them off/on with all of then in place. Also leaving enough space to be able to reach the packing nut. Sometimes you have to bend a handle to work..

I think you only need to drill 2, just space them out, mark them. Drill a small pilot hole for each from the inside, then use a round hole saw bit from underneath.

Use a thick bead if 5200 around the base and then snug it up and let dry. Use some acetone to cleanup the excess on the bottom. I smear the excess around on the inside for extra protection..
    Last edited by parrothd; 05-25-2015 at 08:43 PM.

I have no new 90s, except for the original intake had one(I think). I have 4 total. There's videos on WakeMAKERS..

Oh and I use a little pipe dope on the threads, then your don't have to worry about leaks..