Default 2007 Moomba Outback DD Rear Ballast

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone knows what size the factory ballast bag is under the rear seat of a 2007 Moomba Outback DD. Also, has anyone upgraded said bag to a larger one? I see lots of info regarding ballast upgrades for the outback LS but not the straight up Outback. I know this boat wasn't intended to be a surfer, but Im trying to get everything I can out of it.

Thanks

I don't have experience with that particular direct drive, but did a lot of work weighting my previous boat that was a Direct drive to surf.

In your boat, I would imagine you have something comparable to the 370 tube sack under your rear seat.

If you are going to list your boat you could take a 750 fat sac and put it on the surfside floor beside the engine. Then take another 750 and double stack it on top of the 1st one and have it toward the stern in the rear seat as far back as possible. you may or may not want bow weight. experiment with people first.
    With double stacked bags slamming the rear and surfside:

(again, different boat but same concept)

If you don't want to list your boat, then build yourself a ghetto gate and put a 750 on either side of the engine on the floor, and still seat your passengers on the surf side. We also had a small bag we called the "baby bag" that was about 150 I'd guess. You really don't need that, since you can replace it with a person.
    This is my boat when I was running a surf system (like the ghetto gate I suggested to you).

You may find that your OEM swim platform digs into the wave with the lip of the fiberglass. That tends to rob the wave of its energy or push.

You could also try putting a bag down your open bow walkway if you find that your boat likes bow/center weight. I have a 16x16x70 that I'm selling that would work for that. But I'd start with 750's as described above first.

Good luck, and report back.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Jordy,
    I just sold my 07 outback and Trayson is right the factory Gravity Ballast option for that boat was a 370lb under seat sac plumbed in.
    I swapped the OEM sac with a Fly High Pro Series "rear seat sac (http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-rear-seat-sac.html) It's nice because is still folds up under the seat when not in use but fills the entire area behind the motor and under the seat when used in the up/sundeck position. Also added a V-drive side sac on the surf side (http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-v...-surf-sac.html). And then I used the factory sac in the walkway when didn't have enough peeps in the boat for bow weight. It worked pretty well.

Here's a link to my thread on the mod: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-Man-s-Ballast
    Pictures are gone but the write up is still there! You can check my profile pics as I might have some in there

I ended up putting a "T" in the fill line with manual valves in the rear storage locker so I could fill both the rear sac and side sac with the fill pump or isolate them if need be. I also had a Tsunami pump on board for fill/empty of the bow sac and to empty the side sac http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-tsunami-pump.html

I pulled all these out when I sold the boat. This last week I've been going through itemizing gear in preparation to take pics to list and sell.
    If you are interested in any of them shoot me a PM!
    Last edited by viking; 05-22-2015 at 11:01 PM.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Thanks guys! Viking, Im running the factory sac in the rear. I have an extra 750 on the surf side. I slipped a bag into the bow storage area under the front seats and so far works quite well but I wanted a little more. I didnt think the bag under the rear was very big and you answered my question. I wanted to know what I could stuff under there. Did you have to modify the factory connections in order for yours to work with the new rear bag?

Default 2007 Moomba Outback DD Rear Ballast

No modifying for new bag. Just plug n play. I did drill another hole on the port side next to the vent line for the fill line of side bag. Just get a "t" and valves from the sprinkler section of lowes or Home Depot. I left them in boat but kept the bags and tsunami pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet