Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default perfect pass and idling problems...

new 06 xlv couple of problems: 1. engine idles high however a quick rev in neutral unsticks it. 2. perfect pass surges something awful, if it is set say on 23 it will accelerate aggressively to 24, and then stop suddenly with no acceleration until it drops to 22, then back up to 24,over and over again. could these problems be related? any advice would be greatly apprectiated i seem to be the only person at my dock with perfect pass.

Default Replying to Topic 'perfect pass and idling problems...'

new 06 xlv couple of problems. 1. idling high however a quick rev in neutral unsticks it. perfect pass is surging something awful. if it is set on 23 in wakeboard mode it will accelerate agressively to 24, then totally drop off until it hits 22, then back up to 24, no amount of adjusing the nn or kdw helps. Could these two problems be related? any advice would be appreciated.

Your PP is set wrong. Have the dealer adjust it. The best way - the way my dealer did it - was to go for a boat ride with the mechanic. The adjustment took a long time to isolate and about 20 seconds to make. Something about the coil in the back and the tension screw. Anyway I would have to look again but the windup was wrong.

I assume you have EFI? How would you rev the engine?

If you bought a carb on that boat I will not yell at you, there is enough of that in other threads. Instead, I electronically throw a dead fish at you in frustration.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

My 06 LSV was having a lot of trouble with PP. After some poking around, I noticed the cable running from the servo to the throttle stuff was stuck under the decorative cover. Took the cover off, moved the cable around it, no more problems.

I would take a look at the cable from the Servo to the throttle mate. Chances are that It is under the decorative shroud all right. Anything obstructing the cable will cause it to surge for sure. After that I would call your dealer. I also do not think it has anything to do with the high idle. Just my opinion of course.

Rob

on my xlv05, I noticed the last time I was out that that the engine would surge when in nutral. going from 800 to 1000 rpm. It only happened once and when I turned off the engine and started it 20 minutes later, it did not happen again. I was boating for out 2 hours before I noticed it before. I had PP off at the time.

Also, if I am going at slow speeds and have pp on by accident, I find that the engine will surge a little.

I would like to thank Rob for taking care of this for me (no charge, and without asking) during my last visit in.

Orlando Boats, and staff truly sets the bar to be met by other dealers.

-Joe

The perfect pass on my xlv seems to be working better however it continues to idle higher and more often than it was before (12-1300rpm) and is becoming a problem. I have contacted my dealer and moomba and have gotten very little help from either. The pp linkage seems to be fine. Any ideas on why it would idle this high? I just cant figure it out.

I'm assuming your boat has the new throttle by wire that they started using this year. If you follow the cable from your pp to where it meets up with the throttle cable from the front you could start looking for problems. You'll see that there is no direct link from the cables to the engines throttle body. Istead you'll see a sensor that has a little black arm on it that moves when you open the throttle. That sensor sends electronic info that controls the throttle on the motor. I'd check to see if it's hanging or if the pp cable isn't allowing it to return completely to idle. I believe it also has a return spring on it. That may be something that's out of adjustment as well.

I don't think it is a true "Throttle by Wire" system this year Lowdrag. That is completely electronic. Just the addition of built in cruse control for us this year... next year - who knows!