Default 1998 Moomba / Kanga Boat Mate Single Axle Trailer Spring(s)

I'm wondering if anyone has ever broken a leaf spring on your trailer in a pot hole? I did, and the hole was in a shadow. By the time I was on it, it was too late. Demolished the tire instantly, the tire chewed up the fender a little bit, and the sheer force of the impact snapped the original single arm (2) eye leaf spring.

My question is has anyone been down this road before, and did you find the single constant taper leaf spring Boat Mate installed? I know that they will both have to be replaced for the obvious, but I would rather not use the stacked leaf springs if at all possible. That may sound a little anal, but my opinion is the stacked design looks like crap, and the single taper presents a much more finished look. I am going to re-measure this afternoon, but I believe the springs are 27" from eye to eye center, please correct me if that is wrong.

I would appreciate any suggestions, and I am open to just about anything that makes sense. Thanks for reading, and thank you for your responses.

Best regards,
    Scott-

Default 1998 Moomba / Kanga Boat Mate Single Axle Trailer Spring(s)

Tapp is that you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ