Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Instrument Cluster Lights Stay On Unless Battery is Unhooked

I posted this in Service and Repair but I guess it belongs in this sub forum.

My gauge lights stay on as long as the batter is hooked up. Does anyone know which wire or wire color is associated with the gauge lights? I would atleast like to unhook it. I dont even use my boat at night. But I would prefer to fix the issue. Any advice?

My nav lights work as they should.

Can someone send a picture of the back of the switch board and show me where the instrument light wire should be connected to the nav switch?

Thanks all!

Do you know which switch is supposed to turn on the lights?
    I'd start there. Just pull the hot lead to the switch. You can troubleshoot from there.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Do you know which switch is supposed to turn on the lights?
    I'd start there. Just pull the hot lead to the switch. You can troubleshoot from there.
    The dash lights are supposed to illuminate by turning on the Navigation lights.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Right, the nav switch turns on the nav lights when I flip it to the "up" position. It does nothing when I flip it to the "down" position (havent tested my rear light, it may turn that on only?).

20150513_164045.jpg

I detached the yellow wire which says navigation lights. The instrument lights stayed on.

The switch normally turns on the Stern/Mast light ONLY in one position and turns on that plus the Navigation or bow lights in the other position. Both will kick on the dash lights when on.
    Did it ever work correctly for you before winter layup? If so its more than likely your switch.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I just bought the boat so I am not certain if it worked properly in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by mjr119 View Post
    I just bought the boat so I am not certain if it worked properly in the past.
    If i was you, I would just unplug the switch from the back, write down the wire configuration of another switch. Then hook your Nav lights to it to see if its the switch or not.

The picture you posted looks like the dash electrical board and that is most likely not where your problem is originating from.

The way the switches are wired is Hot and Ground center, then your accessory is on the top and bottom for when you toggle the switch.

On the dash I don't recall if the hot and ground daisy chain from switch to switch but on your ballast system this is how its done.

The switches do go bad and you can get them from Wake Makers, also there is shops that make custom emblems on them. I think there is a thread about it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The picture I posted is the backside of the switches.

Yes and no, thats the Board for the dash interface from the switches. You can see the Red wires going between the board to the actual switch its self.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]