Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

okay, I so wish I had extra time yesterday and a video camera. two pontoons running into each other, a guy with an older sea ray trying to trailer his boat side ways, a MB owner with boat still attached to trailer head down in the rear locker doing something all while taking up ramp space, someone with a brand new Mojo smacking the dock because wife can't drive the car or the boat, someone needing to put wheel chocks under the trailer tires while on flat ground while trailer is hooked to the tow vehicle. If I was a valley girl OMG.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

My fiancee almost took our escalade for a swim yesterday while loading up. I was having some issues loading the boat because of a strong side wind, when I finally got it on the trailer straight and hooked, she forgot she was in reverse still and she rolled back about 5 more feet before slamming on the brakes. The boat slid back and snapped the trailer winch strap and I had to start all over again! lol.

Between me looking like an idiot trying to trailer it and her almost backing the car in the lake, we looked like a bunch of tourists, but i swear this isnt out first boat
    2003 Mobius LSV GG Edition - Sold!

Not my story but happened in Santa Barbara a few days ago!!

http://www.keyt.com/news/boating-mis...r-too/33348950

https://youtu.be/__6DZM0LGoc

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post

http://www.keyt.com/news/boating-mis...r-too/33348950

https://youtu.be/__6DZM0LGoc
    BWAHAHAHA

Funny last weekend one of the people on our boat asked what would happen if we just didn't unhook the trailer? I said if we unhook it from the truck the boat will float just fine. It will handle like crap but it still floats. We surf with 3500lbs no issue.

I like how the guy on the shore is like. "Bro Grab My Phone"
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    BWAHAHAHA

Funny last weekend one of the people on our boat asked what would happen if we just didn't unhook the trailer? I said if we unhook it from the truck the boat will float just fine. It will handle like crap but it still floats. We surf with 3500lbs no issue.

I like how the guy on the shore is like. "Bro Grab My Phone"
    That's a good point! I never really thought of that. It'd be the "Moomba Trailer-Flow". hahahahha
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    That's a good point! I never really thought of that. It'd be the "Moomba Trailer-Flow". hahahahha
    Yea

Sunday it was a little bit of a show though at the ramp at the end of the day.

2 guys with there fishing boats, one has a fancy North River boat, the other an older 14-16ft boat. They are both trying to walk their boats on the trailer. North River guy in the center of the ramp, smaller boat by the dock, only a dock on one side of the ramp.

They are trying to pull their boats up with the North River guy pulling his boat around the other guy, ends up with his boat side ways, can't get the nose on the trailer, doesn't want to get in the water lol.

I backed down the fare side, Steve drove the boat up on the trailer, I winched it up lock it down, got on the tailgate and off we went.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

By the way Mike, I have embraced your technique with the back another foot and hit the brakes. It's working fantastic. We launched at Willamette park and there isn't really room there for my typical 180 spin to drive out. and powering off would have surely put my stern into the dock. With being able to have the push off straight back, I was able to back straight out past the kayaks and other boat that was tied up like a boss. This is most certainly a technique I'll be using from now on.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    By the way Mike, I have embraced your technique with the back another foot and hit the brakes. It's working fantastic. We launched at Willamette park and there isn't really room there for my typical 180 spin to drive out. and powering off would have surely put my stern into the dock. With being able to have the push off straight back, I was able to back straight out past the kayaks and other boat that was tied up like a boss. This is most certainly a technique I'll be using from now on.
    Sometimes, sometime I actually have decent ideas and practices. I try to keep it to a minimum so people don't ask me for help LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    That gets more funny each time I watch it.

Wonder what the driver was thinking when he flipped in the windshield wipers?

One guy jumps off the boat as the truck starts to go under and another jumps on, dies the limbo under the windshield and, I think, tries to unhook the boat from the trailer.

Watch the guy to the left on the dock as the truck starts to go under. He takes off his pants like he is going to jump in, then realizes he just took off his pants and puts them back on.

I think the guy in the truck was in there the whole time. The first time I watched it, I saw movement in the cab and thought we would be seeing a real tragedy. I can't imagine what he was thinking staying in there the whole time. Maybe he was running the wipers thinking that they would paddle the truck back to shore? Not too many active brain cells in this group.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold