Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Upgrading Kenwood KMR-550U to KMR-D562BT?

The wire in my 2008 Moomba Outback DD is Blue/Red, the wire on my BT unit is Blue/White.
    The remote in my case is
    Red-Ignition
    Yellow-12v+
    Black-12-
    Blue/Red-Signal
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by jcb512 View Post
    Hi Spyder,
    I too just bought the 562BT and put it in my 2006 Outback. Loved that it was plug n play, kind of.... My driver side and swim deck remotes don't work. You said modifications were needed on the harness when you went to the 550U. In doing that did you bring the connection for the remote into the main plug? Was it the blue wire with white stripe in the Moomba harness? That is the only thing that wasn't part of the main harness plug in. I didn't do anything to the moomba harness and I think it is all original. I hate to cut the original plug and start soldering stuff together but will do if I have to, just want to make sure I do the right thing.
    Thanks
    if i recall correctly, as it was 3 years ago. i think i cut the remote line and reused the plug and soldiered that one line.. too bad i didn't get this earlier this morning, i won't be back at my boat for almost a month to get a view..
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I have an 07 LSV and upgraded to the 562BT. I have the white driver remote and it worked fine. I think there is like one wire difference from original harness to the new one. I just unpinned it and moved to the other connector so I did not have to rewire everything.

Thanks everyone for the really helpful input! Can't wait to get back to the boat and check out your suggestions.

One last question, I have the white Aeware remotes. Is there any way to know if they are powered and ready? I have read on here something about lighting up, is that referring to another version like the Kenwood? Thanks to all, you guys are extremely helpful.

I installed a Kenwood KMR-562BT in a 2001 Moomba. I used the original wiring and have a KCA RC900MR in the front and a KCA RC50MR by the swim platform and I can control the volume and turn the radio on/off from these older remotes. Not sure if they light up.

Default Upgrading Kenwood KMR-550U to KMR-D562BT?

See my above post as to the wiring. If the keys do light up, this wiring is per the manual:
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection