Default New Head Unit Suggestions

Ok everyone, our Kenwood head unit went into "protect" mode yesterday and would not come out of it. I had to hot wire the stereo to bypass the head unit while we were on the water to get it working for the day. I now need suggestion for a new Kenwood head unit. One that is iPod "ready" and the factory remote by the drivers seat works with is preferred. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/receiver/kdc-bt558u/

This is the one I upgraded to last Spring. Also recommended this to someone else and I think they were moving forward with it as well.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/receiver/kdc-bt558u/

This is the one I upgraded to last Spring. Also recommended this to someone else and I think they were moving forward with it as well.
    Yep this was me, I purchased it last week and it should be here today actually.
    2009 MOOMBA XLV 23
    1996 MB SPORTS BOSS 210
    1992 CARAVELLE FISH&SKI 1750

Kenwood KMR 440U with the remote is a good fit, easy upgrade and iPod ready. I've had no complaints.
    DDNorCal
    2019 Supra 450 SL, 1,000 lb lead and 3145 prop
    Sold - 2006 LSV 3430 Ballast, 1847 Prop, all around great boat

Why not get a WS420 and eliminate the HU altogether? Or do you like the track and playlist display and info. on the HU? Only reason I see a benefit that way.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

David, I'm thinking about swapping out my Sony equipment for the Kenwood. How do you like the wired remote? Does it work well with the ipod and or android phone? The Sony remote has no real value when using an ipod. You cant control much more than volume and the sony head unit doesn't recognize an android phone.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

I just put an order in 2 days ago for a Kenwood KMR-D562BT (http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/marine/kmr-d562bt/), should be here today or monday. Currently using a Kenwood KMR-550U in the boat right now. (which i upgraded to about 2.5 year ago)
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Did you order anything David?

I need to find a bluetooth solution and currently have the Kenwood head unit (same as you I believe)

I figure my options are ...

1. exile bt - ewww but best price
    2. ws bluetooth dongle - a little pricier and I'm not sure there is a reason
    3. new head unit with bluetooth - about same price as ws bt dongle but could keep transom remote in play (i think)
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Did you order anything David?

I need to find a bluetooth solution and currently have the Kenwood head unit (same as you I believe)

I figure my options are ...

1. exile bt - ewww but best price
    2. ws bluetooth dongle - a little pricier and I'm not sure there is a reason
    3. new head unit with bluetooth - about same price as ws bt dongle but could keep transom remote in play (i think)
    I have not ordered anything but if I were you I would go with the new Kenwood headunit to keep the transom remote in play. I tried to convince my wife we needed a transom remote and she fails to see the benefit. I guess when shes always making me crawl in the boat to adjust volume or change the song she really wont see why its useful...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by gpd005 View Post
    Yep this was me, I purchased it last week and it should be here today actually.
    We got this unit installed this week and everything is working perfect, remotes all work just like they are suppose too. Bluetooth is working perfect from my phone as well. Hitting the water this weekend!
    2009 MOOMBA XLV 23
    1996 MB SPORTS BOSS 210
    1992 CARAVELLE FISH&SKI 1750