Thread: new exile amps

Default new exile amps

so I'm adding a couple new amps for now replacing my stock kicker 300.2 with an exile 30.2 which went good but I'm just wondering about the wiring harness that went to the stock head unit and the speaker wires that i need to cut out of it and plug into my javelin amp how do you determine which wires go where or should i just start cutting and as long as the + goes in the + on the amp and so forth am i good to go?
    any info will be helpful thanks
    2013 outbackv

Hold on there chief -

Lets not go cutting wires all over the place. A of these answers depend upon how you want to setup the signal chain in the boat. Meaning, if your going to run an EQ like the ZLD, you'd run 1 pair of RCA's out of the deck into the EQ then 3 pair RCA's out to amp 1 /2/3. If this is not your setup then you'll be running one pair of RCA's from the deck to the javelin, and another pair of RCA's from the deck to the 30.2. No wire cutting in either of these scenarios.

In super simple terms you should be able to take the wires that existed for the kicker amp and plug them into the exile amp and your done.

the only question is, what are you doing for independent (zone) level control?

Does this make sense?

If you have any ??? about where wires are going in terms of the +- speaker outputs, take a 9V batter and tap it on a pair of wires and listen for which speakers goes pop pop. and you'll know. then mark it down.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    so I'm adding a couple new amps for now replacing my stock kicker 300.2 with an exile 30.2 which went good but I'm just wondering about the wiring harness that went to the stock head unit and the speaker wires that i need to cut out of it and plug into my javelin amp how do you determine which wires go where or should i just start cutting and as long as the + goes in the + on the amp and so forth am i good to go?
    any info will be helpful thanks

haha thanks for the response what I'm talking is the existing in boat speakers use a plastic plug to connect to the the back of the deck and since I'm not using the deck to power those speakers any more can i cut that plastic plug off and connect the wires to the javelin or is there something I'm missing sorry i wasn't more clear in my original post.
    and your way of figuring out which speaker is which should help lots thanks.
    2013 outbackv