Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will 4" Kicker Speakers fit here?

Was listening to the stereo on the beach and was looking at this spot above my non skid pad and was thinking "I wonder if I could fit 4" speakers here?"

I will measure tomorrow to see if they will fit...but even if they could fit would it look weird to have speakers there? Maybe look like I'm trying to hard? Could I power these off my head unit?

These are the speakers...
    http://www.kicker.com/41KM44CW

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

To each their own man.

I can tell you the fiberglass in the nose of the boats is very thick, 1-2inches.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Think a speaker that small would not be worth it for quality sound, can you just rotate the tower speakers if uou have them
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Think a speaker that small would not be worth it for quality sound, can you just rotate the tower speakers if uou have them
    Yould be quite surprised in the case of this speakers. I was when I first get a demo them last year.

Brett, if you do move forward, consider the 2 ohm version and the PXA200.2
    Last edited by MLA; 04-26-2015 at 05:00 PM.

I wouldn't cut holes there. Build a box or use a plug n play soundbar. That way you can stow it when not in use imo.
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    My tower speakers don't swivel...I have heard nothing but great things on these 4" speakers though.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Yould be quite surprised in the case of this speakers. I was when I first get a demo them last year.

Brett, if you do move forward, consider the 2 ohm version and the PXA200.2
    Thanks Mike, I was looking at that option. Then I can have those 2 off the Bow volume Controls.

I'm not even sure if my head unit could even power them. I'm just not sure how they would even look up there.

Quote Originally Posted by valleywine View Post
    I wouldn't cut holes there. Build a box or use a plug n play soundbar. That way you can stow it when not in use imo.
    I don't want anything that I have to take out and hook up every time I park. Personally I hate the look of speakers that someone pulls out of their cubby to hook up.

Last edited by BrettLee3232; 04-26-2015 at 08:27 PM.
    2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

With the white grills, not very noticeable. As long as there are 2 unused chnls on the head-unit, it would drive them just fine, just go with the 4 ohm version. The reason I like the external amp options is A) a little more juice for them B) ability to use a pre-amp volume control on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    With the white grills, not very noticeable. As long as there are 2 unused chnls on the head-unit, it would drive them just fine, just go with the 4 ohm version. The reason I like the external amp options is A) a little more juice for them B) ability to use a pre-amp volume control on them.
    Agree 100%....we'll see if they fit

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

No option to back in to the beach and anchor (safe depth obviously) and get the full experience of the tower + in boats + subs?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...