Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looks like Toto just pulled back the curtain a little too much. If true, that could explain the tone, temper and direction of some particular threads. Seems like emotion due to a financial interest, could easily skew ones judgement when it comes to applying these in the best interest of the Skiers Choice Moomba Community.

4) It is fair game to debate, challenge, and question, keeping in mind the PG-rating applies at all times.
    5) Personal attacks, mean-spirited comments, and abusive behavior are not tolerated.
    6) Not a venue for agents or representatives of any company or business entity to advertise or promote any website, cause, movement, group, product, or service.

Default Re: Question about Moderartor Duties

Ditto......
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I see this all the time and especially from the moderators. The BMW bashing is one that has been mean spirited and abusive. But, they do a thankless job and some friendly reminders are good once in a while. No need to be making any changes from my perspective.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

Personally I think it would be cool the be a moderator and hold a thankless position. Do I feel I have enough knowledge or community on this forum, no, but with time I am sure I can get there one day. Until that time may come, I will enjoy being an active member of this forum and contribute where I feel I can provide a benefit and learn where I still need to.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Because...

Anyone else feel there needs to be a change?
    Quote Originally Posted by drb59 View Post
    I see this all the time and especially from the moderators. The BMW bashing is one that has been mean spirited and abusive. But, they do a thankless job and some friendly reminders are good once in a while. No need to be making any changes from my perspective.
    I'd say the only change that needs to be made is highlighted above. When playful banter starts crossing over into trolling, I think that the posters need a gentle reminder to step back. In the above-mentioned case, the moderators are the ones that are perpetuating the problem and maybe this thread can serve as their 'gentle reminder'. I've chosen to step out of the banter arena on the BMW topic as to not feed the trolling, but obviously it's something that has gone beyond taking playful pokes at me and is on the radar of other members to the point where they feel the need to bring it up publicly. In fact, I've been silent on the issue but figured since it came up again I would now address it because it basically started with stuff that was really directed at me.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

As far as do we need to implement come kind of system to change things up? I'd say no.

Ed, you have some good views on things and you're certainly an advocate for 'fairness', but I really think that we don't need to complicate everyone's lives by adding lots of bureaucracy and red tape to our forum by voting on this and that and changing every little thing (subject to trying to gain consensus and votes). It's too much. Most members honestly don't care about the little stuff. And the big stuff does tend to get addressed in time. Bottom line is that this forum is one of the better ones out there, and most are fine with the status quo and have a lot more to worry about than adding complexity with some type of "governance by the people" that would require more time than the average user cares to give. That would turn into "governance by the post whores". And while I'm VERY active and vocal, it doesn't mean that I'm representative of the silent majority.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Moderators have been responsible for keeping the spam out, they have added new forums to the site as to suit the changing times in watersports activities, created a how to forum to help the diyers who frequent the forum and try to keep the peace. The moderators do not agree on everything all the time but the majority has always ruled. Most of all they are here as they like to promote boating and watersports and are advocates SKIERS CHOICE products. Oh ya and they also correct the occasional spelling mistake.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Trayson, you should be a moderator

I agree with what you state. You could convince me to buy a BMW.

I will state with pride, that I was a very happy SAAB owner from 1987 until 2008. Had 4 of them babies.

" friendly reminder" and "gentle reminder" I like that. Lets see what evolves

The deluge just stopped - back to cutting grass.

have a great Sunday everyone!

Edit: Doug would you please correct the spelling error in the title of this thread? thx, e
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 04-26-2015 at 01:25 PM.

I've been on here quite some time now and the moderators do change and have. There is always going to be some attrition over time and moderators come and go. This is probably one of the best forums I've been a part of. It's ok to have a little fun every now and then and the major riff-raff gets taken care of for the most part. There is really no reason I see to have a strict policy on changing them.

If there is something that offends you on a thread or post a pm to a moderator will probably help instead of taking everything public. But difference of opinions, ways of doing things, and competition is what drives progress. Sometimes people just need to lighten up a bit!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Need to add one last thing that is on my mind...

Moderators, please think twice before hitting the enter button after making derogatory statements in your edits in the posts of forum members.

Written negative comments towards anyone, no matter how much you may dislike them, are not and never have been part of the moderator's duties.

You may think you are only insulting the forum member, but truth is, you may (and have) unintentionally insulted others who have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

There are many more Moomba owners who read these forums than Moomba owners who contribute to these forums.

Please lets stop this and lets move on. Summer is almost here!

Peace

and thanks to the moderator who deleted my post on the "rules" thread - that mod edited statement really needed to disappear.
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 04-26-2015 at 03:28 PM.