Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok, with the DXA250.4 driving the 6 in-boats:

If the bow pair is on their chnls, they are receiving 30W rms
    If the port main cabin pair are wired in parallel on a chnl, they are also receiving 30W. The delivers 60W x 4 @ 2 ohm, so the pair splits that. Same for the stbd pair on the remaining chnl.

IMO, swapping the DXA250.4 for a KXM400.4 is not going to pay off for that investment. Its a great amp and will handle the 3 pair of in-boats with no problem and I would recommend this amp any day of the week. But in your case, Im looking at the dollars spent for only an increase in 20W.

Here is what I would suggest.

Stay the course with the KXM400.4 thats in route for the KM8's on the tower.

Leave the KX200.2 in place and relocate the bow speakers to it for 50W RMS to each. This does two things. 1) gives you a more symetrical look, minus its red LED and 2) has the bow speakers at a little output then the main cabin. This is a very popular configuration. LOTS of wives or GF's (its ok with me if have both, not judging) like a quite zone.

Swap the DXA250.4 for a KXM400.2 for the 2 pair of main cabin speakers. They will now net 100W rms each.

OR

If you dont mind the looks of having different amps and want more juice for the bow speakers, pull the KX200.2, leave the DXA250.4 and wire the bow pair bridged for 125W rms potential to each.

Thanks i need to think about how to set things up, but i will at this point keep the 250.4 instead of getting another 400.4.
    2015 Mondo
    2008 21V sold
    2007 outback sold
    2013 Ram Megacab Cummins-Tow rig