Default WS420BT Question

Curious if this is normal, but when I run my music through the head unit (Ipod w/usb) everything sounds great. When I connect direct to the WS420 it sounds as if I have bypassed the amps. It sounds like a stock stereo with no additional power added. Is this right? It tried with the ipod and an android phone.

My setup:
    Syn 6 powering in boats and sub
    Syn4 powering a pair of rev10s
    everything goes through the 420.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

Is the volume up on the device? I assume plugging in through headphone jack?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I don't have the bluetooth version of the 420 but I have the BTVC add on. I've found you have to have the volume turned up all the way on the device and then volume all the way up on the BTVC as well. Or have the master volume on the 420 up quite a bit and then the volume on the BTVC can be used to adjust up/down.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Is the volume up on the device? I assume plugging in through headphone jack?
    It is through the headphone jack. Volume is up...there is a HUGE difference between going through the head unit and straight through the 420. I have things to try (thanks MLA) so hopefully I can improve it.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

Quote Originally Posted by mbusch5 View Post
    It is through the headphone jack. Volume is up...there is a HUGE difference between going through the head unit and straight through the 420. I have things to try (thanks MLA) so hopefully I can improve it.
    I am guessing that you're talking about adjusting the input gains on the 420? Or adding a line driver for the headphone input?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com