Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default First boat! Took a chance...

Excuse the pics, they were taken on the ride back from purchasing and it was filthy. So, I took a chance on buying a boat that I couldn't get a mechanic to inspect before buying. Drove 8 hours to get it, test drove like a champ. It has trouble from 35mph up where it struggles to get enough fuel, probably because it wasn't winterized. I'm going to change the fuel filter, clean the carb and get the injectors checked out. Ran it with the front ballast full and 7 people yesterday. It comes out the whole like a champ and puts out a great wake.

Speakers: all new WetSounds, 6 cabin speakers, 2 tower 10s, 2 1500 watt amps, and a JL 12 sub. I'd give the sound system 10/10, appearance 8/10, and 9/10 on performance. Let me know what you guys think!

2005 Mobius LSV 5.7 Indmar 325 (carb'd)
    Wet Sounds: SW-650 coaxial speakers [x6] Rev10 tower speakers [x2] SYN4 amp [x2] SYN Micro amp [x1] JL Audio 12W3 [x1]
    Many mods to come...
    Board: '12 Ronix One ATR & '12 Ronix One Danny Harf Bindings
    2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: Rough Country 3x2 lift \ 32" Nitto Trail Grapplers \ 18" Incubus wheels

She looks pretty dang good. Welcome to the family.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looks good, am sure she's fine and you'll love every minute of it. Learn to do your own maintenance, can be a life saver...
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Thanks guys! I have a couple questions (I'm sure I'll have many more in the coming months). 1) what would be a good trailer lock? Should I lock the hitch or the wheel? Also, where is the best place online to get a good quality cover that's custom fit to the mobius? And I how do I tell if my tower can fold? I unscrewed 2 black pins in it but it would only fold forward and that's not going to work..
    Last edited by CookieMonster; 04-20-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Wet Sounds: SW-650 coaxial speakers [x6] Rev10 tower speakers [x2] SYN4 amp [x2] SYN Micro amp [x1] JL Audio 12W3 [x1]
    Many mods to come...
    2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: Rough Country 3x2 lift \ 32" Nitto Trail Grapplers \ 18" Incubus wheels

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Thanks guys! I have a couple questions (I'm sure I'll have many more in the coming months). 1) what would be a good trailer lock? Should I lock the hitch or the wheel? Also, where is the best place online to get a good quality cover that's custom fit to the mobius? And I how do I tell if my tower can fold? I unscrewed 2 black pins in it but it would only fold forward and that's not going to work..
    I use this lock while trailed is hitched to the truck http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also remove and take the folder away tongue pin with me when stored, it's garage kept, so doesn't matter much.

Take a look at Evolution Covers. I do not have one, but when the time comes to replace mine, that's where I will be going.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Ok, thanks. That cover looks great. Any idea what they charge? Didn't see it on the website. Also, my boat will be in my driveway for the summer so I need a lock while it's parked. I guess I could just take the folder pin off like you mentioned.

Many mods to come...

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    1)This really depends on your situation. No lock is 100% secure, they just deter theft by requiring time and tools to defeat. How secure do you need? How many inconveniences are you willing to accept for security? I use a coupler lock like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SCVYKU/. It is pretty easy and it always stays on the trailer (used instead of the little latch pin). It's actually a pretty good lock despite the use of a fairly thin metal rod. The rod is hidden above the guts of the hitch and brake mechanism so it would take some doing to get at it. But that wouldn't stop a wrecker from just winching the thing onto a trailer, you would need wheel locks for that. You can also open the tongue foldaway and put a stout lock through there. If you need high security, you need to use all of them (and probably not leave your boat outside)

2)Search the forums a bit. The general consensus is that the Evolution covers are the best but the most expensive. I use a Westland (ordered from Overtons or any of the typical boat supply websites). I like it, it's a good cover and I paid half of what the Evolution covers cost.

3)Your tower will fold back. When you remove the black knobs, fold the short legs back. (Have two people, that little leg tends to just fall down on it's own and will damage the gunwale - lots of people add a little pad where this legs hits). Then just lower the tower down.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Congrats,
    1) black boats like the 3m three step process to make them shine like from the factory.
    2) your tower might fold forward into the bow

tower folds forward on this boat.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Default First boat! Took a chance...

Nice boat! Your tower will fold forward. I am not sure if your tower hits the gunwale not allowing the tower to rest on the bow. My tower hit the gunwale and I didn't feel comfortable with the tower hitting or sitting on the gunwale. I built a wooden tower support that supports the tower from the tongue of the trailer just behind the swing away tongue.
    2007 Moomba Outback V