Default Sound one day, none the next....???

Hey All,

So the basics are as follows.....08 V drive, have an amp, replaced factory HU last year w/ Kenwood...problem is sometimes when we start up everything works perfectly from go and will be fine all day.....however, next time we go out everything turns on as normal, HU, amp, etc and HU functions normally, but there's no sound. This past wknd was a no sound wknd. We could hear occasional clicks from speakers when pairing BT but could get no music from phone or stereo. All the connections have been checked and seem tight so we're at a loss. Any suggestions/help appreciated! Thanks!

KB - what would you described, I'd try to work my way up from the signal chain and test out where the problem occurs. Throwing darts wont help to much here - could be a bad deck, bad eq? bad RCA cable. you name it. So take the guess work out of all this and take a iPod device, attach a headphone cable to it. and RCA cable to each amplifier. make sure the volume is not on full black on the iPod. drive the input of each amplifier and verify you have sound. If you do, then your issue is further up the signal chain. meaning before the amplifiers. You can then goto the EQ if you have one. or up to the deck. If the problem is the same when direct driving the amplifier it means its at the amp or down stream.

I would do some investigating like this and report back to the group and many can guide you from there.

-Brian

Eq? Thanks for the help Brian! Unfortunately I am pretty audio/tech verbiage lacking to say the least. I am headed to marina now to test the rca cable advice with my iPhone. I will update for some further advice from there. Thanks again!